shorecogs's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 10:58 AM

port forwarding issues

In the Xfinity app, I've allowed a specific port to be open on my spare PC. I've tried it with TCP/UDP and TCP only.  In Windows Firewall, the port is allowed.  If I use a website to check to see if the port is open, it is not. I've disabled my firewall to rule out that issue and when the firewall is disabled, it's still not open. I've tried a range of ports too. So, that tells me it's my router/internet. I've also set up a DMZ for that computer but no luck. I've successfully forwarded ports before but in this case it's just not working. Is there someplace else where I need to enable the port? Perhaps there's a list of ports that the router won't let through regardless of the settings in Port Forwarding section of the XFinity app? Does it take a while before the port opens or should it be pretty much right away?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there and welcome to Comcast @shorecogs. I am sorry to hear you are not able to set up the port forwarding. Now if you use the Xfinity App to set it up, it should be set right away. Here is out Set up port forwarding using the Xfinity app link for more information on how to set it up. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here