G

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 10th, 2023 4:57 PM

Closed

Port Forwarding issue

I am trying to set up a port forward on my router. Unfortunately the geniuses at comcast have removed this functionality from the router settings portal via 10.0.0.1 to force people over to the Xfinity app. When I go to the app and go to connect>View WIFI equipment>Advanced Settings>Port Forwarding, it returns with "we encountered an issue". This problem has been persisting for at least a month and it is very frustrating and disappointing. I attempted to contact a service agent but they weren't much help.

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

1 year ago

Hi, there. I am sorry to hear you are having troubles setting up a port forward. We are here to assist. What type of modem are you using? Also, does the device you’re attempting to set up a port forward have an IPv6 address?​

​ ​

​xFi does not currently allow you to set up port forward for devices that have an IPv6 address since port forwarding should not be needed for these devices.  If the device is dual stack (has both an IPv4 and IPv6 address) the IP recognized by xFi depends on which address your device defaults to. Port forwarding can only be configured in xFi if the device is using the IPv4 address.​ 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here