H

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

Thursday, June 15th, 2023 10:53 AM

Closed

Port Forwarding - How to manually specify an IP??

Is there a way I can just manually input an IP to port forward to versus selecting a device from the list? I'm having an issue with the device selection where no matter what I've done, from forgetting the device to reserving an IP for it, when I set up the port forward, it keeps setting it up for the wrong IP entirely. Maybe if we could just put the IP in ourselves, this headache would not exist.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Hemingray42. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums. Have you attempted these steps? 

1. Open the Xfinity app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.
2. Select the WiFi tab.
3. Select View WiFi equipment.
4. Select Advanced settings.
5. Select Port forwarding from the menu.
6. Select Add Port Forward.
Note: If you've previously set up a port forward from your Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1), you should see it listed in the Port Forwarding Settings.
7. Choose the household device for the port forward you're setting up from the drop-down list of connected devices.
Note: If you don't see the device listed, it may not be connected to your home network.
8. Choose from the list of common applications to use a recommended, preset configuration (e.g., Xbox or PlayStation) or select Manual Setup to enter specific port numbers, ranges and/or protocols.
9. Select Apply Changes to complete the setup of the port forward.
10. The device you set up for this port forward can now use these settings.
Note: If you're unsure which port settings to choose, reference the device manual or the application you're trying to use.
Opening unnecessary ports isn't recommended, as it may pose a security risk.

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ MANY times. It keeps getting the wrong IP. Really feel I made a mistake using an xFi gateway.

1 Message

Gabby - did you not read the question?  How do we choose a specific IP for port forwarding and NOT something on a dropdown list?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thanks for your question, @user_bc65a2. You would need to select the device from the drop down menu of devices connected to your network. The manual setup option would allow you to input the other information directly. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here