U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 12th, 2023 3:48 PM

Closed

Port forwarding assistance needed -- now resolved after resetting the xFi gateway to the factor defaults and started all over.

no matter what I do I get an error when I attempt to add a port forward of 443 to a reserved IP address. Every time I try, I get the same error on the mobile app (Why would port forwarding only be able to be configured in a mobile app? who's dumb idea was that?)

Error: We're having some trouble please try again, if the problem persists, check back later.

#Comcrap #Crapfinity #monopoly

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there @user_64361e Here are the instructions on how to set up the port forwarding https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway. Let me know if these were the guidelines you followed when you got the error message?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityDevinC​ i followed the instruction outlined in your support article and it still doesnt work. it was working before using the old xfinity gateway device. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @dabong! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here