Samson5274's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 20th, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

PlayStation will not stay connected in game

My connection works great for every device in my home: phones, laptops, smart TVs, all work without a hitch. My PlayStation 4 connects fine through a LAN cable and I’m able to stream video and download apps from the store. However, every time I try to play a game online (typically Modern Warfare) I either cant connect or always get booted from a match after a few minutes when I do finally connect.

I’ve tried port forwarding and the DMZ for my PS4’s IP address. I’ve even tried a proxy server and using Google’s DNS servers when setting up the PS4’s internet connection. Nothing works. This isn’t an issue with modern warfare’s servers, other games have the same issue. What do I need to edit or change on my router’s setting or xFi set up to get online gaming to work?

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Turns out the xFi app was most likely the issue, once I used 10.0.0.1 (maybe it was 10.0.0.5, one or the other) in a browser window to access my router I was able to set a DMZ for my PS4’s IP address which actually did open up all the ports. I had gone back to the xFi app on my phone to retry port forwarding and a DMZ but they would not save. So if you’re encountering this same issue try to access your routers settings directly through your browser and not with the xFi app or xfinity website.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having this same exact issue.

It's not just with COD MW, and it's not just when I'm connected on the PS4.

When I'm gaming on the PC I get disconnected often for no reason, when I'm gaming on the PS4 I often get disconnected. If I connect to the wifi on my cellphone and stream or game, I often get disconnected.

It's gotten to the point where I'm either going to return the XB6T and use a 10 year old router (which worked flawlessly prior to coming back to Comcast), or go out and buy my own modem/hardware set up.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had this problem playing Battlefront 2. All I did was go to Port Forwarding and selected PlayStation Network as the option and everything seems to have resolved itself.

You can also google which ports need to be open for a specific game and enter those. I know you stated that you had done Port Forwarding, but I would double check to make sure everything saved ?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Let us know if that works for you and what router you end up buying (if you get a new one), please! Good luck

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I’m going to try deleting and reapplying the port forwardings tonight, if that doesn’t work I’m going to probably end up buying a new router and returning the one xfinity is renting me

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having the same issue, could you explain what you did to fix? Not sure what all the port forwarding is.

Thanks.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

this actually worked for me also just change the DMZ IP address to the one that your PS4 has and issue is gone

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

What if you have multiple consoles?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here