U

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 12th, 2023 5:36 AM

Closed

Paused devices, failed connection, unknown devices connected that I do not own

I have three problems 

1. I have devices connected to my router that I do not own even if I wanted to forget the device I can’t unless it’s disconnected from my home network so I can only pause them

2. my laptop says paused but the Xfinity app says connection strong and that it’s unpaused. I’ve done reset on both ends of my computer and router…nothing works 

3. Same thing with The PlayStation 4 “strong connection” but I cannot connect my PlayStation to the internet. I looked into PlayStation help and I get told it’s the router issue. 

i have restarted the router I have just gotten a new router. This issue is still happening

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

1 year ago

@user_33e914 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I can definitely understand the frustration and we're here to help. For devices that aren't yours, pausing them is the best resolution, if you simply forget them from your network they are able to reconnect. 

You also mentioned that the laptop and PS4 are having a hard time connecting. I understand that you have received a new modem as well and the issues are still occurring. Have you already taken the steps to unpause every device, change the Wi-Fi password and then connect your devices one at a time to name them in the app? I know that can be tedious, I've had to do it myself and discovered that some of the devices I had paused were actually smart devices in my home that I thought were just broken. 

4 Messages

XfinityBillie Hey thanks for reaching out. I have changed the password three times and the outcome is still a result of my computer being paused. I have also changed the name of my WiFi as well. 

I was even able to forget device from my Xfinity app and then reconnect to WiFi which it does and right away it says paused. And through the Xfinity app “Connection is strong”.

i also have led light connected to WiFi the available to turn on via bluetooth but in the first four months I’ve had no issues for everything being connected. So I disconnected all led light and outcome unfortunately is still the same. 

I have been renaming them which helped me out on what is mine and what is not. 

my PlayStation does say 

“your Internet service provider or your router might be preventing the PS4 from connecting to the Internet…”

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

Thank you for all of that information. I'm not clear on if you had tried to unpause anything that was already paused in the Xfinity app. Can you clarify that for me? I know I've paused my work laptop in the past thinking it was one of my daughter's friends. That was not the greatest before coffee experience for me. :)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I have devices that are paused that are unknown to me which includes z-flip 4 that I don’t own.

so I gave it a go and unpaused all of them 

and the result is still the same. 

my devices (PlayStation and Laptop) can’t connect but somehow other unknown strangers devices that I don’t own can. 

also I retried the unpaused and pause on my laptop and its worked! 
unfortunately cannot say the same for PlayStation 

But I have now slow internet hopefully because of the weather? 

never-mind it’s still occurring on my laptop it’s paused….and then it’s not and then I can type on browser but I cannot watch or stream? And the internet is running overly slow? This happened after I turned off broadcast name of WiFi.  It’s going back and forth on paused and unpaused?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there, @user_33e914 Thank you for your time today. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are still experiencing trying to get your PlayStation connected. Have you gone into the Admin Tool to make sure your PlayStation is listed has a trusted device?-Richard

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

@user_33e914​ did you find a fix im having the same problem

1 Message

10 months ago

I’ve had this same exact issue on two different occasions. Once when I started my Xfinity service, and just yesterday. My laptop and console are both paused on the internet but I have not paused them. Several unknown devices are openly connecting to my WiFi despite me having changed my password as well. The first time it was resolved by some techs remotely activating advanced security. It took the unknown devices off the WiFi and I removed them and allowed my console to connect. It is happening again this time but also with preventing my personal laptop from connecting this time, with many of the same unknown devices connecting to my WiFi again, but this time advanced security hasn’t resolved anything. I was even told by an agent that I can’t enable advanced security myself because I don’t have the service. It is very frustrating that I am unable to control my WiFi network as a paying customer and keep my devices connected while keeping unknown devices off

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_vsxd6e, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Please let us know if you are still having this issue. We would be happy to assist you.

2 Messages

@user_vsxd6e​ exact same issue , just got xtinity connection yesterday , any help you got from xfinity ?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_vpxau6 Thank you for connecting with us about a paused device. We are happy to assist. Please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post.

1 Message

I am having a similar issue with being”paused” on my laptop. The Xfinity app says I’m not paused. Also I received notices on my smartphone telling me 2 Apple devices connected this morning but there don’t seem to be any new devices connected. It’s frustrating to constantly be told I’m paused when I am not. Any help would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

911 Messages

@user_yz32tt, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us today for assistance with your devices and connections. I can imagine how frustrating it would be to receive these alerts that do not appear to match what is listed on your connected devices page. Let's get this resolved together, have you seen any improvement since you reached out a couple of days back?

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am having the same issue I unknown devices connected and PlayStation 5 is acting as if it is paused on Xfi app but is not paused talked to support 2 or 3 times they keep saying it looks fine on there end even hard restarted modem twice still not fixed

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

@user_tapbzg Thanks for letting us know! Try the steps above in the thread. Ensure you try everything, in order to help reset the network and have it recognize your PS5 successfully. 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Have u found a fix? Experiencing the same thing haven’t been able to play my PS5 for week

2 Messages

My fix was switching to another provider. I'm 90% sure Xfinity is throttling thier speeds.

8 Messages

9 months ago

The solution is only one. Install a moca filter. You can either ask xfinity to do it or get it on Amazon and do it by yourself. No other thing will solve this issue. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here