U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, June 2nd, 2023 2:44 AM

Closed

New Xfinity App

Will the new Xfinity app that was forced upon us ever function properly?

There have been SIX updates to this new app since we forced into using it, with still no resolve to the ability to check data usage, or the ability to use the Customer Support chat function. Both of these functions worked perfectly fine on the old app, yet not on the new app that was forced upon us.

The new Xfinity app is very poorly developed, it show by the less than desirable ratings in the app store. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there @user_97c49f, welcome to Comcast. Thank you so much for reaching out to with your feedback on our Xfinity App. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today. If you are the Primary or Manager USER ID on the account, you can view your data usage on the amazing XFINITY App. Here is a link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-usage-history that will give you step by step instructions to view your data usage. We also have our Xfinity Assistant. With our Xfinity Assistant you can chat and request assistance. Here is another link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-help-from-xfinity-assistant on how to access our new Xfinity Assistant option.

Please let us know if you need any further assitance. Thank you again for reaching out to our Forums page. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

None of this information address the fact that these two functions don't work on the Xfinity app. I don't want to jump around all over the web to find my data usage, or to use the xfinity assistant. 

The app that xfinity forced upon us is supposed to provide this information readily, yet it does not. The previous app was working just fine, but the developers have yet to figure out how to get these functions working on the ne app that was forced upon us.  

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

We completely understand. We continue to make improvements to the app to make it more user-friendly and have the requested information readily available. At this time the Xfinity Assistant is the only option in the app to get the data usage information. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

The Xfinity Assistant doesn't work in the app, so actually there is no where within the app to get data usage. 

The point is; why discontinue an app that worked perfectly fine, only to force an app on customers that doesnt?

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I just opened my Xfinity App and there are a string of purple-ish blocks that will show Internet Data Usage, for the last 3 months (2 prior and 1 current). If you are still having problems accessing this part, it is a known issue as this feature is being rolled out slowly but surely. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Like I have previously stated, this does not work for me.  I know how the app is supposed to operate and know how to navigate the app, these options simply don't work......Just a blank white screen.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Does your account show any previous modem listed that's not active? I'd like to check on the backend of our system to see if anything stands out on our end that may be preventing these options for loading for you. 

Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name. The message icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the message icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I was trying to determine my data usage and could not get it to work on my android phone or old tablet. When I installed the app on my new tablet, it worked. The phone and old tablet are Android 7, the new tablet is Android 13.

Anyway, I'm not buying a new phone just so that I can use the app. Whatever Comcast does, they need to keep this functionality in the web app, which I can access no matter what platform I'm using.

Having said that, if the app requires a certain minimum OS, installing it on devices that don't meet the criteria should be prevented.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here