L

Tuesday, September 5th, 2023 10:50 PM

Closed

New XB8 modem & Unusable Xfinity app

I recently upgraded to the 2000 mbps. The technician who came to fix my slow bare connecting internet gave me the XB8 modem and took my XB7.

After he activated my XB8, all of my Xfinity app features went down and now I only see tabs for overview and account. 

I can no longer see or fix my wifi or services. The app is no longer any use to me. I’ve spoken to many call center agents who were no help. Another advanced technician came by to fix something else and we called another advanced support who also couldn’t help. 

I’ve tried logging in and out, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I’ve waited to see if anything was pending— to no avail. 

My wifi works perfectly fine. Signal strong. Xfinity app is just causing MAJOR issues. Please help.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, sorry to hear you are having issues with the app. I know how annoyed and frustrated I get when my apps aren't working flawlessly. What is it you are trying to do exactly on the Xfinity app?

3 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ Hello, I am trying to use the apps functions. I can’t see my network/gateway, devices, change my password, etc. My app has looked like the added image ever since I got that XB8 box. Nobody can seem to tell me how to get it fixed. One of the agents said give it 24-48 hours b/c the new modem was still “pending” even

though the technician activated it then and there, but it’s been over a week now and still no change.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

So from what I am finding, that happens when the xb8 is in bridge mode. Can you confirm that your equipment is or is not in bridge mode?

3 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT 

Hello,

My bridge mode is disabled and always has been as far as I’m concerned, but I did go check to confirm.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Thank you for checking on Bridge Mode and for providing the screenshots, @Lioness819. Another thought is that I have also run into this issue before when there is more than one modem listed on your account. I would like to check on your account from here so I can dig further into what is causing this to happen. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here