1 Message

Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @MightyMya, thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forum to share how you got this fixed. We appreciate you all for sharing your experiences and what you see when trying to access the app. I wanted to let you know that we have identified a cause for this. Multiple agent-facing and some tech- and customer-facing tools and applications are being impacted due to a third-party issue. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we’re working as quickly as possible to restore functionality. 

In the meantime, please try deleting the app data and cache and try again. 

Is there anyone else on this thread who's is still experiencing issues? Using the My Account App, are you able to follow the steps provided by @MightyMya to see if it helps? 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem but get nowhere with the Xfinity customer service. All I got was a message to sift through through this forum to FIND an answer, ridiculous.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem. My modem is online but app is saying that my modem is offline. Internet connection is good and everyone is online. Went through the activation process again and app still says “!Your Modem is Offline”

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same exact issue. Anyone have a fix. You can't change passwords etc without access!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had the same issue. The problem was that my modem had wrong MAC. Choose activate modem and enter either CM MAC or HFC MAC (should be on the side or bottom of your router). The tech support used MTA MAC which is used for phone/voip. They have no clue what to enter. I changed mine to HFC and now it works!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Same here. It doesn’t even show that my DVRs are online also. I don’t get it. Everything is offline for me.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am switching ISP from WOW to Xfinity and I am having this same issue. It is connected to the WOW ISP but I cannot get it to switch to Xfinity.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

To the Comcast employee who asked if anyone else has this problem:  Yes.  I keep getting the same error message, that I am offline and my internet is not working.  There is nothing wrong with my internet.  It works fine, but Comcast will no longer open my Xfinity-based television stations.  This has worked fine for years and years, so I am baffled as to why Xfinity is failing now.  As I said, my internet is just fine.  It is not offline.  Any other advice is welcome.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Yes… I have this issue and while my internet is working, speeds are dramatically less than what I am paying for. I suspect these issues could be related.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having the same issue and got nowhere with customer service. I can’t access any devices to turn on/off parental control schedules. 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

@user_b01625, I am sorry to hear you have had troubles with the app. Our team of experts would be happy to help get this resolved for you. I will need to ask some specific personal account information to get to the bottom of this. Can you send me a private message with your full name and service address? To send a private message click the chat icon in the right upper corner and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop down. We look forward to hearing from you!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I just upgraded my gateway and I'm having this same problem,  the app says that the gateway is not online,  and I tried the tip mentioned above and still it says it's not online.  On the my account app it still shows my old modem if that makes any difference.  Also not getting the speed I think I should be getting either. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_d07057. I'm sorry to hear you are running into some trouble as well. I understand your old modem is listed on the account even after trying the tips provided. We got your back. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message. Please add your first and last name to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue here and I've scanned the qr on the bottom :(

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m having this exact same issue. I’ve bought 2 brand new modems and the issue has happened with both initially showing up in the app and then by the next day it no longer shows up. Also with random internet drops even after I had a tech visit. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Casims22 I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Since you have had a technician visit and a couple different modems I would like to check further into your account for more details as this may be a bit different from the issues above. Please send us a chat message, with your name and service address, from the chat icon on the top right of the page. Please make sure to check 'Xfinity Support' and this will go directly to our next available agent. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’ve been having the same issue ever since I upgraded my modem/router combo. We’re paying for services that we are not receiving. TV channel line up is not available? Come on! our payments are on time, we’re not cheating this company. Their overseas response teams are worthless, not their fault! Turning your devices on and off don’t solve your problems. They really need to up their game.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_d7472a. I'll be glad to review your account and provide additional assistance. Please send me a message privately to get started. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your message. Please add your first and last name to help us locate your account. Thank you for your time.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here