U

Saturday, December 23rd, 2023 2:55 PM

Closed

Multiple devices paused but xfinity app says they aren't

I see other people have had this problem where unknown devices connect so I paused it and now almost all of my devices now say they are paused. I have had so much trouble with this and it's so frustrating because the xfinity assistant doesn't ask the right questions for this situation and gets me nowhere. 

I have tried restarting the gateway, forgetting wifi and reconnecting on all devices, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

Sometimes it will work but then 5 to 10 min later it's kicks me off asking me to sign-in required and pops up with "this device is paused" but it's not!!!! When it does conect for a little bit it takes forever for browsers/apps to loud. Oh but the app says theres a strong connection?!?!

Seems like getting a technician out here is the best/only option.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

9 months ago

Welcome to our Community Forum, @user_81fb07! Thank you for reaching out to us so we can help get your devices out of the paused state. It sounds like we may need to have a technician install a MOCA filter on your line. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help :). 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here