U

Wednesday, September 20th, 2023 9:23 PM

Closed

Missing option to activate xfi pod in Xfinity app

I am missing the option to activate xfi pods in my Xfinity app. It is not there. I need this resolved soon as possible as my office needs an xfi pod to give me a better signal. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_b2b23c. We can definitely help! Have you attempted the following steps?

1. Enable Bluetooth on your phone (recommended).
  2. Sign in with your Xfinity ID.
  3. Select the Account tab from the bottom right corner of the app.
  4. Select Activate xFi Pods under Devices section.
  5. Choose which xFi Pod you’re installing.
  6. Tap Get Started to begin activating your xFi Pods!
  7. If you already have xFi Pods (1st Generation) on your network and are now activating xFi Pods (2nd Generation), you'll be instructed to unplug your older Pods and select They’re Unplugged when you’re ready to proceed with the activation.

Activate Your xFi Pods
1. Plug in your first Pod to an active electrical outlet in your home.
- Note: Do not connect your Pods directly to your xFi Gateway using the Ethernet port on the bottom of the Pod.
- The Pods connect wirelessly to the xFi Gateway.
- You won't be able to activate your Pods if one is connected directly to the Gateway.
2. Select Next to view tips on Pod placement.

3. Hold your phone six inches away from your first Pod to ensure that the Xfinity app can associate the Pods with your account and connect the first Pod to your Gateway.

4. If you have more than one Pod, once your first Pod is connected, you'll need to plug in your remaining Pods throughout your home. 

-Note: If you have additional areas of your home that need coverage, your remaining Pods should be plugged into outlets halfway between your Gateway and those areas.

5. Once the rest of your Pods have been plugged in, tap All Pods Ready to Go!

6. As your remaining Pods are plugged in, they'll begin to come online. When all Pods have been connected, tap Name Your Pods.

7. You can name your Pods in any order. To do so, choose a Pod to name and hold your mobile device close to that Pod.

8. Once the app identifies which Pod you are naming, you'll be presented with the option to assign the Pod a name.

9. Enter a name and tap Confirm Name. Repeat steps five and six to name each remaining Pod.

10. Once naming is complete, tap Finish Setup.

11. The activation process is now complete! Over the next few days, your home WiFi network will be optimized.
- Note: Advanced Settings like WiFi Mode, Channel and Channel Width will now be managed automatically.

12. Tap Back to Overview to end the set-up.

13. After successful activation, the Overview tab will show status of Gateway, Pods and Advanced Security (if enabled).

14. To see your Gateway, all your Pods and their statuses, go to WiFi, then select View WiFi equipment.
Notes:

- Once your Pods are activated, the light on your device should stop flashing and remain off.
- You must activate Advanced Security through the Xfinity app.
- If you’re having trouble activating your xFi Pods, try restarting your Xfinity Gateway.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Of course I did that. That is why I contacted you. The option is not under devices at all.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for letting us know you've attempted these steps. We can certainly help activate them on our end. Please send a direct message with your full name and address.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here