U

Sunday, October 22nd, 2023 3:26 AM

Closed

Issue Opening Chat with Live Agent

The xfinity app won't allow me to return to live chats I have with agents. It'll send me a notification saying an agent has sent me a message, but when I click the notification the app either doesn't open, or it does open, but doesn't go to the chat. There should be a button within the app that takes you to the current chat you have open instead of always starting a new one. I tried starting a new one but it told me the live chat was still open and to return to the page, but it gives me no way to return to the page! It's been very frustrating. Is there a solution to this?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @user_pu6ti2. Thanks for posting on our community forums for assistance. I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with our chat. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Such as uninstalling and re-installing the app? Is this happening on all of your devices? Or when you use our Xfinity Website

2 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ Only in the app, since if I'm on a desktop I can open multiple tabs at a time and therefore don't lose the chat page. I've deleted and redownloaded the app and still have the issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_pu6ti2, Thank you for trying those other steps and for also finding that workaround by having the tabs open. But I can see how that isn't always feasible, and defeats the purpose of being able to conveniently use the Xfinity app when you need it. Let's look into this a bit further together. 

In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here