U

Saturday, September 9th, 2023 2:20 AM

Closed

“Internet offline” according to app…

Changed from Xfinity modem to my own personal modem. App now indicates my internet is offline yet my actual internet is working just fine. If I try the help me fix it option in the app and it does the whole send a signal to diagnose my connection that causes my internet to then stop working forcing me to call xfinity and deal with the nightmare of trying to speak to an actual person to get it working again. Is there a way to fix the app to get it to realize my internet isn’t offline and is working perfectly fine?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_95ed12 Thank you so much for your post about the Xfinity app showing your device is offline after you swapped your modem. If you used the Xfinity app to complete the activation of your new modem the app should update within 48 hours of any changes made. If you have not gone through the activation process for a new Gateway using the Xfinity app I would recommend completing that step to make sure your new device is connected to your account correctly. You can use the steps provided here to help make sure you complete the activation process successfully. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfi-gateway-app 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here