U

Monday, November 6th, 2023 8:38 PM

Closed

Internet essentials and xfinity app

I can't activate my modem on the xfinity app since switching to Internet Essentials. I called and was told it takes up to 24 hours to update on the app which I knew was untrue. My suspicion is that IE customers can't use the app to check speed, monitor network or troubleshoot? To clarify I have internet service that is working because I was able to somehow do it through a browser on the admin page but now can't log back in there. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

11 months ago

@user_199se0 Hi there, thanks for the post. Since it's been two days, are you still not able to sign in to the app or website? 

3 Messages

@XfinityJodie​ I can log on. I just can't activate the modem in the app. I've called multiple times.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_199se0

Thanks for the additional information on that! It sounds like you were already able to get your modem activated via the web browser, so that part should be good to go. Though the Xfinity app, you should still have all the basic functions that come with your Xfinity service. So checking your modem status, sending signals, running speed tests etc. 

Without xFi Complete you wouldn't be able to see things like who is on your network, setting advanced rules for profiles, or any of the other features that come with the xFi Complete addon. 

If possible, can you please send us a private message with a screenshot of what you see when you load up the mobile app?

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address. Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Sent. Hopefully i did it right. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here