Tcalg's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

261 Messages

Sunday, June 30th, 2024 3:40 AM

I can't log into the Music Choice app using my Xfinity ID

I am using the Music Choice app, and it requires you to log in using your Xfinity ID / TV Everywhere credentials.  But I am not able to log in, and I believe Xfinity is the problem.

When I choose Xfinity as my TV provider, the app takes me to a login page on the Xfinity website, but that login page does not offer any way to log in.  No place to enter your username or password, just "Let's Go", with nothing you can click on to log in.

I experimented by clicking on some of the other TV providers, and those other companies all provided a place for their customers to enter their username and password.  Xfinity was the only one that didn't

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

261 Messages

2 days ago

Music Choice has identified a bug in their app and have issued an updated version.  Android users should go to the Google Play Store and update their Music Choice app to the latest version.  I did it and it fixed the problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for getting back to us with this update, @Tcalg! I'm so glad they were able to correct things with an app update. Please feel free to create a new post if you ever need assistance with anything else. Our amazing community is always ready to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

6 days ago

Hello Tcalg, are you attempting to access the app on your TV box, or the Music Choice app itself? Also, are you able to confirm if any other devices are giving you the same issue? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

261 Messages

This issue is with the Music Choice app on an Android phone.  I can log into the Xfinity website generally on my PC and using the web browser on the Android phone.  But I haven't tried other third-party apps that make calls to Xfinity's website from within the app.

I should also mention that I cleared the cache and data from the Music Choice app, but it still wouldn't work.

Official Employee

• 

670 Messages

Tcalg Are you able to try on an incognito page? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

261 Messages

I just tried logging in using Incognito Mode in Chrome browser on the Android phone, and I was successfully able to log in.

I may have been wrong about the nature of this problem.   There seems to be a problem within the Music Choice Android app itself; it's calling on something from the Xfinity website but isn't able to display it properly, so the username and  password boxes never show up.

I know that Xfinity made some changes recently to the way that the login process works, and I think that might have broken the functionality of the Music Choice app.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for creating a post about this, @Tcalg. I have personally never attempted to use the Music Choice app, but I downloaded it on my phone, so I could familiarize myself with the process. The one unusual step I encountered was with the 2-factor authentication process after I signed in. I had to open my Xfinity app on the same phone and confirm it was me trying to log in to the Music Choice app. The process was fairly seamless for me, but that may have been because I was already logged in to the Xfinity app, so I could monitor my doorbell camera. If I didn't have an active login established, it may have caused some redirect issues.

If you are using an Android phone, the cache you would need to clear is on your Chrome browser. That is the program that is supposed to pop up when you get to the "Let's Go" page. If you continue to have issues with the Music Choice app, I would recommend clearing your cache in the Chrome browser. Just make sure you change the default time range from "Last 24 hours" to "All Time." Otherwise, it may not clear your previous login attempts and ask for a fresh login. The other thing that might help is to make sure you have an active login to the Xfinity app first. That way, if you need to verify your login on the Music Choice app, it will not need to redirect you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

261 Messages

I cleared the cache of Chrome bowser using Android's app management inteface, but that didn't change anything with the Music Choice app.

I have active logins with the Xfinity Stream app, Xfinity Remote app, and I was able to download, install, and log into the Xfinity app without any problem.  But I was still not able to log into the Music Choice app.

I looked at Chrome browser's internal controls for removing cookies and site data, but that would have deleted a lot of data for other sites as well, so I'm not willing to take that drastic a step unless it's absolutely necessary.  I tried deleting cookies and site data specific to Xfinity.com, but that didn't change anything with the Music Choice app.

1 Message

4 days ago

I am unable to access Music Choice either through Xfinity on my android devices. For years I had no problems logging in. When choosing the xfinity tab to access Music Choice there is no longer any log in boxes.

Official Employee

• 

859 Messages

@user_l0lpe5 Thanks for letting us know about the issues you're having with accessing Music choice. Are you seeing any error codes or messages?

Have you checked you're using your primary Xfinity login I have a link you can use to confirm the username. xfinity.com/username. 

1 Message

4 days ago

I am having the same problem for the past four days,  and similarly the advice suggested did not fix it for me.  The xfinity subscription confirmation page looks similar to what it should look like,  but the ID entry box is missing, and Let's Go is text rather than being a button.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_s69bcc Thank you so much for letting us know you were also running into this issue. If you check out the comment from Tcalg it was a known issue with the app on Music Choices side and has been corrected with an update. 

1 Message

3 days ago

I am having the exact same problem as the users above. Just started happening to me yesterday.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_3bocyh, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a comment on our community forum. Are you still having this concern after trying the resolution above?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here