U

Friday, May 24th, 2024 8:46 PM

Home Internet Offline per Xfinity App but it's working

Hi,

My Xfinity App says my home internet is offline but it's working and I can even do a speed test in the app.  The app know the model of my cable modem, and I had no issues previously.  I've restarted the model and router while working with the app assistant, but it didn't work.  Any suggestions?  Or does this even matter as long as it works?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

4 months ago

Hi @user_e3a43d,

Hi, thank you for reaching out and creating a new post. I see you need some help with your Xfinity App. I understand it states you are offline while you have a great connection at home. I'm sure this has been confusing to see. This can stem from a profile or login problem. Do all the other areas of the app work fine? Are you able to view bills, shops for deals, and more?

9 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ 

Hi, yes, all of the other app features work correctly so it is just an annoyance to see that my home internet is offline unless this will cause an issue on Xfinity's end that is not visible to me.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

I completely understand @user_e3a43d. A great part about using the Xfinity App is the ability to manage your network. Has this occurred since you started service, or is this a new issue that recently popped up?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ this is a new issue. I don’t check the app except maybe once a month so I’d say it happened in the last couple of weeks.  If I remember correctly, we had a short power outage. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_e3a43d Since this started, have you tried to reboot the gateway manually? If you check the online portal instead of the app, does the same issue happen there. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 Messages

Yes, I have rebooted the cable modem and my WiFi router twice.  Below is what I get when I used the online portal.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I have the same issue. And yes, rebooted modem did not change anything.

Neither did logging out of the app, closing it completely and re-logging in.

Everything else works fine and appears correct - billing, usage etc.

Going to the modem through a web browser on a PC shows everything is fine.

Please correct your app so it works like it is supposed to.

Thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here