U

Thursday, August 15th, 2024 8:25 PM

Gateway Won’t Display in Xfinity App

I’ve had Xfinity internet since Saturday. Every day up until today I’ve been able to see the Xfinity Gateway and WiFi information on the iOS Xfinity app. Today Comcast did some work in our area and service was down for most of the day. Now that service has been restored I have a good connection and can use the internet but WiFi settings are no longer viewable in the app. On the bottom all I see are Overview, Services, and Account; I’m no longer seeing the WiFi tab. I see that I can select “Activate xFi Gateway” but I’m hesitant to do that because I’m not sure if it’s going to cause an issue with my internet. Any help would be appreciated, because I do need the ability to see connected devices and change the WiFi information, but I don’t want to cause an issue that will cause me to lose the internet. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

30 days ago

user_t4mg08 Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the Xfinity App not showing the Wi-Fi tab. Are you having issues with your connection as well? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity App? 

3 Messages

Hello. Yes, I uninstalled and then reinstalled the app (this is on iPhone). That didn’t work. We do have internet. Everything is running properly, we’re getting the speed we’re supposed to be getting. But the WiFi tab is not showing in the app at all; it’s acting as if there isn’t a modem that has been activated, even though the Xfi Gateway is clearly activated and working. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_t4mg08 it definitely won't hurt anything to select “Activate xFi Gateway” if that's what you're seeing in the app. It may in fact update the system and fix the issue. The activation may reset your modem, and it will take a few minutes to come back online, but that's about all. I recommend giving this a try when you have a moment. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Thank you for your response. I do see that as an option in the app. I wanted to be sure that going through the activation process again while the service is working wouldn’t cause any issues. Will doing so erase all of the current settings such as the WiFi name and password?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Activating the modem should verify the currnt network settings, and give you the option to change it if you wish. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here