U

Wednesday, August 30th, 2023 4:15 AM

Closed

Gateway not showing up on app/no access to wifi settings via app

To whom it may concern,

My WiFi works and I have access to the internet through it, but the xfinity app does now show my gateway device. I do not think that my gateway device is linked to my account properly. I believe this is also inhibiting my ability to edit my wifi details via the app and also is inhibiting my ability to port forward as I want. 

I've tried reinstalling the app many times

and I've restarted my gateway a handful of times to no avail.

I'm under the impression that all of these issues are caused by my gateway not being properly linked to my account. I am prompted to buy/rent a gateway on the app and on the website when I'm logged in despite the fact that I already have one from xfinity. 

What should I do to fix this?

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_d5e255. We really appreciate the direct message you sent us, we will continue to assist you in the direct message you sent us. Also, please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here