Closed

fix the port forwarding for the thousandth time

yet again

20 characters

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

1 year ago

@user_6e2fe2 If the port forwarding feature is not working on the app then we will need to create a ticket for that. The alternative option is following these steps: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

@XfinityZacharyA​ here's where we are

1. Open the Xfinity app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.
  2. Select the Connect tab.
  3. Select View WiFi Equipment.
  4. Select Advanced Settings.
  5. Select Port Forwarding from the menu.

and nothing happens. the other options work and proceed to their respective pages. the item registers a tap and then doesn't load anything. is it possible for anyone officially affiliated with comcast to attempt to replicate the process and confirm the results?

years ago, comcast moved the port forwarding feature out of the gateway and into the web. it periodically would stop registering changes until the forums flooded with complaints. now it's in the app and nowhere else, good luck if you lose/break/don't keep a mobile device. forgive my cynicism but 'the purpose of a system is what it does' and moving critical features out of the firmware and into hard-to-find areas that appear to continually break down is user-hostile design. but no point in shooting the messenger, nothing's going to change while the cable monopoly exists.

anyone reading with continual issues: the ultimate solution is likely buying your own gateway or modem+router and returning control of your devices to their respective firmwares.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_6e2fe2 I have worked with a few customers in the past couple of days running into the same trouble when they had full functionality before. I know this has been beyond frustrating. The best step would be to create a ticket, so we can get this reviewed further. 

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can get this done and linked to your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here