newbie6's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

False Error Msg "Your Gateway May Be Offline"

For the past week or more, when I log on to the "My Xfinity" web site and select the wifi logo, the screen refreshes with an error msg that says "There's a connection problem" and then the screen rapdily refreshes to "your gateway may be offline."  (see attached screen capture).  I subscribe to a triple play and have no  problems at all with my TV, internet (ethernet or wifi), and telephone service.  When I naviagate my web broswer to my gateway directly (http://10.0.0.1/index.php), the summary at the top is all green with checkmarks (97% backup battery, internet, wi-fi, MOCA, and Medium Security).  I seem to recall that in the past I could view information about my wifi service and status on the "My Xfinity" web site.  Restarting the gateway and following the other troubleshooting suggestions had no effect on these findings.  Any explanation or reason for concern?  Any solution?

1 Attachment

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am getting the same exact issue. I’ve tried everything. Internet is working fine and the xfi app info comes up briefly and then the false Gateway offline message appears. Hoping this can be resolved soon.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

That's exactly the problem I'm having. I have contacted Xfinity 2x within a week and no one seems to be able to fix it. Beyond frustrated!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m having the same problem. The WiFi is fine but I can’t monitor through the Xfi app because of the false error message.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hi newbie6, thank you for posting here on our forum. It sounds like there's an issue with how your modem is communicating with our back end system. We may need to send some signals to reestablish the connection, but I won't be able to tell without taking a look at your equipment from my end of things. For further assistance please send me a private message with your full name and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message"?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

For the benefit of the other readers of this thread, I just spoke on the phone with a Comcast agent about ComcastAmir's posting yesterday on account of my suspicion that ComcastAmir is not an authentic Comcast employee but rather someone seeking to gain access to my account information for malicious purposes.  The agent confirmed my suspicion that under no circumstances should I follow Amir's directions to reply by private message or share my account number with anyone who I can't verify is an authentic Comcast employee.  When I asked her about the error msg she said that I should merely ignore it as I'm not experiencing any problems with my wifi/internet service.  If I do experience problems that I cannot resolve, I should contact Comcast technical support.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi, newbie6. We don't mean to cause further confusion, but we are authentic Comcast Employees and many of us are based out of the Corporate Office. You're welcome to read about our guidelines here: https://comca.st/37KWLFp.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am also having the same issue.  Any idea when this will be fixed?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here