Monday, May 29th, 2023 5:14 AM

Closed

Enable 2.4ghz wifi

I can’t seem to enable or rename my 2.4ghz wifi 

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

1 year ago

Hi there, @wiqqiroxx. Thank you for creating a post in our forums. Are you having issues making the changes to your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi through the Xfinity app?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

It doesn’t show me the option to rename or show the 2.4ghz and 5ghz network channels settings and when i go to advanced settings under the xfinity app. 

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for the screenshot. Here is a link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password that will provide you with instructions on how to make changes to your Wi-Fi name and password. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

When i open the gateway endpoint and go to wifi settings it shows me 2 networks. When i click edit it is a read only screen as seen in the screenshot. The problem that it is causing is that i am not able to connect the devices that do not support 5ghz networks as the SSID for both 5ghz and 2.4ghz is the same so i wanted to rename the 2.4ghz network to uniquely identify that and connect those devices to it. Hope that makes sense

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Please keep in mind that those settings to rename the networks have been removed from the admin menu of the gateway and transferred to the Xfinity app. You will need to click on the connect tab at the bottom. Once you enter the tab, please look for your Wi-Fi network name and click on it. It will then provide you with an option to "Edit Wi-Fi settings. You will have a toggle button to split the bands. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thank you for your prompt response. The problem is that even with xfinity app I don’t see the option to split the bands. All i see is the name , password and security options like the screenshot attached

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

@wiqqiroxx Thank you for those details! 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

1 year ago

@wiqqiroxx @XfinityAliciaA 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here