U

Sunday, January 14th, 2024 1:58 AM

Closed

Device is paused

Device randomly gets paused, but Xfinity app says it isn't paused.

1 Message

8 months ago

I have the same problem, it's infuriating. Two out of three devices I have can't use the Internet because they are paused. But the xfinity app shows them as not paused. Pausing and unpausing accomplishes nothing.

I don't know if it's related but I also constantly get bogus notifications about new devices connecting to my network with wired connections, which is clearly not really happening.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_rfj0hu, thanks for reaching out for help with your devices and network. Our team will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. Once there, type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list to send us a message with your full name and address.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

8 months ago

Hi, @user_6qou8x. Thank you for reaching out and creating a new post. I see one of your devices seems to keep getting paused when your app is stating that isn't the case. I'm sure this has been both frustrating and confusing. I know I would want this fixed as well. With that said, I can certainly do my best to help. Is this device being paused at certain times? Is it only affecting a single device, or has it happened to other devices before? Do you recall if perhaps you've ever set up certain times for this device to be online as you can see here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-manage-profiles?

2 Messages

This is been happening for 4 days already, I haven’t been able to use any of my devices other than my phone. I tried multiple things already like factory resetting my gateway, i changed my gateway, i deleted all the devices from the app and it just keeps giving me the same message every time.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for the update, @user_6qou8x. I see we've been working on this for a bit looking at the notes, and we have some plans in the works. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here