U

Sunday, September 15th, 2024 1:07 PM

Device doesn’t show up in app

We hooked up internet about a month ago and the internet is working but it has been spotty so I went to the app to power cycle it and the device isn’t listed. It shows no device and only gives me the option to activate a new one. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

19 days ago

user_y1hefg Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with internet connection. I'd be delighted to get you in the right direction. Are you able to go through the activation portion, and get to the end? Also, are you seeing your home network as an option when trying to connect a device? 

2 Messages

When I go to activate it is asking me to name the wifi network so not recognizing my existing network. I stop there because I don’t want to set up another network. Should I continue with setting it up and assume it will recognize it further in the process?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_y1hefg thank you for reaching out. I do apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Since it is not recognizing your existing network, I would go ahead and go through the process again. If you need assistance, I'm here for you just reach back out.-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here