U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 9:15 PM

Closed

Data usage during sleep scheduled times

I have schedules set for my kids as well as time limits.  I have noticed that during the sleep window data is not only being used but going against their total limit for the day.  Why is the connection still active during this time?

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

7 months ago

@user_774637 Are you seeing their devices online during the sleep window? Are there other devices that are not on limits being used during that time? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

They have specific devices linked to their profiles.  Based on my understanding of how the software works these would be the only devices that would count against their limits.  We have multiple profiles setup and some devices not assigned that are active but I wouldn't think these would matter.  

If I manually pause their devices this "ghost time" is not used.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_774637 I can understand the concern. Have you tried deleting the profiles completely and setting them back up to see if it continues to use internet during the downtime? I've had to do that myself in the past. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here