U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 16th, 2023 6:26 AM

Closed

Crackle

Crackle needs to be updated. Xfinity app is providing 5 letters instead of 6. Even the activation address is showing disable. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_f9e43e Thank you so much for your post for help with watching shows using Crackle on your Xfinity x1 or Flex device. There should be no need to log in to use the free on Demand options with Crackle. If you are being asked to log in there should be an option to skip or do later to watch anything you have access to in the free On-demand content. If you check out the Crackle site directly for help there is a note. 

At this time, some devices are not capable of being activated. If your device shows a 5-character activation code or directs you to the crackle.com/activate URL then your device does not have the most recent update to our app or is not capable of being activated. But you can still watch and browse content for free without the need to activate it! All the Applications on your X1 or flex box are updated automatically to ensure they are as up-to-date as possible as soon as an updated version is provided by the application provider. So it may be an option that will be enabled in the future keep an eye out! 

You can also check to make sure your box is compatible with other Over the top applications with the steps on this page here. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/determine-x1-box-compatible-netflix

Problem Solver

• 

539 Messages

1 year ago

Please update the crackle app on X1, it's outdated. The crackle website indicates that 6 characters or 6 digits are needed to sign-in however the sign-in screen shows 5 characters and the activation link no longer works as it appears that crackle has changed the sign-in process. Updating the app may also solve an existing issue I have with the crackle app.

Problem Solver

• 

539 Messages

1 year ago

@user_f9e43e  I have contacted crackle support to obtain their feedback as to why comcast has not received an updated version of the application which now requires a 6 character code for activation. I will let you know what they say once I hear from them.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here