lantzbg's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, July 26th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Connected Chromebook showing as NOT connected

Devices are not showing in the app that are in fact connected and therefore I cannot use parental control on kids devices.  I am specifically looking for a connected Chromebook.  The firmware is up to date on the modem/router.

Please advise.  Thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem I'm having, my child has a galaxy a20 and is still online, but it does not show up, I am sure she is using a DNS but there is no where to check!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

My Acer Chromebook 315 is connected and working but doesn't show up under my equipment on Xfinity.  Why?

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I shouldn't have started this stream; I just looked at the clock.  I'll return and see if anyone had any ideas to help me.  Acer won't help me at all.  It seems that my Chromebook should be shown as connected since I use Xfinity to access Chrome.  Am I right?  It's a brand new Chromebook but the model number on the unit is Acer Model 315-3H-C2C3.  The one agent at Acer who spoke to me told me to drop the C2C3.  I still seems to me that Xfinity should recognize my Chromebook.  Am I correct or is it much ado about nothing.  Thanks to all who can help me!  kathnh

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! A few years back I went through to label all of my devices on the xFi app so it would be easier to spot new devices connecting and determine if they were mine or if I needed to pause them. My daughter's Chromebook didn't show up a a Chromebook for some reason and I ended up pausing it. Took us a day to figure out what I had done. Do you have any devices that aren't labelled on your xFi app? You may considered pausing them one at a time until your Acer loses the connection so you can determine which device it is. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here