U

Monday, September 2nd, 2024 10:45 PM

Can't sign into the Xfinity App: "Sorry, That Didn't Go As Planned"

Every time I try to sign into the Xfinity app, the login fails and it displays a screen that says "Sorry, That Didn't Go As Planned".

I've seen posts on this issue in the past, but there was never a good solution. 

Details:

>My login credential are correct.

>I can log in on the Xfinity website in a browser (on my phone).

>The error is independent of device (we get the same error on my Android phone and my wife's iPhone)

> The error is independent of the account used to log in (both my account and my wife's account give the same error)

> I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app

> I have cleared the data for the app on my device

> I have cleared all saved/cached data associated with Xfinity websites on my browser

Nothing seems to be working... Maybe it's an issue on Xfinity's end. 

In either case, I need to get this fixed as I cannot set up our new Xfinity modem without the app (the live chat agent was unable to do it remotely).

Official Employee

• 

880 Messages

12 days ago

@user_f4qxiq, thank you for your post! I really appreciate the level of detail you provided. That helps a ton. Can you do me a huge favor and check to see if you can connect while not on your home Wi-Fi (cellular, neighbor's Wi-Fi, etc.)?

2 Messages

Hey, thanks for replying.

I have checked it on several networks and on cellular. Same result everything time.

Official Employee

• 

777 Messages

user_f4qxiq Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 hours ago

I have exactly the same issue and I tried all the process as the OP. Any solution to the problem? I also need the app to set up the new modem.

The only difference is my App is showing an error page " Something went wrong" " There's been an unexpected error, please try again" 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here