D

Wednesday, May 1st, 2024 11:05 PM

Can't remove device from Connected Devices list in xfinity app

There's a laptop listed under Connected Devices in the xfinity app that has not been connected for at least a week. When I go to Device details, at the bottom it says, "To forget this device, first disconnect it from your home network."

I did that, but it's still listed as connected — even when the laptop is turned off. In fact, I wiped the system (Windows 10) and installed Linux. Yet under the device details, it still shows it as running Windows 10. However, the new system also shows up separately under Connected Devices, with the correct hostname and IP address.

How can I remove the bogus device from the list?

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

18 days ago

Concern moved here to the Xfinity App help section for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

871 Messages

17 days ago

Hi there, @deejayebee I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing with trying to get a laptop taken off your connected devices. Since it's been a few days since you last posted, have you been able to get that removed?-Richard

4 Messages

No, not yet. I'm still looking for a solution.

Official Employee

• 

871 Messages

17 days ago

Thank you for reaching back out @deejayebee have you tried the following steps?

•Open app cause your going need to Restart your Gateway.

•click on xFi Gateway Online and Secure (Located at the top of the Overview menu)

•click on Gateway (under Network Devices on the Connect menu)

•click Restart (let it run the process. Could take less than 12 minutes) 

•click on the Connect menu

•scroll to Devices to select device that is undesired.

•select the device

•then select Device Details (under More Info)

•finally select Forget Device

Please let me know if this did or did not work.-Richard

4 Messages

17 days ago

The menus you're referencing are not part of the Xfinity app on my iPhone. So I'm not sure how you can effectively solve my issue if our menus don't sync up — and yes, I have updated my app on my iPhone.

I did restart the Gateway in the app (by a different method, because our menus are not the same). The device still shows as connected in the list, although it is turned off. When I go to the device WiFi→Device Details, it still says, "To forget this device, first disconnect it from your home network."

The device is disconnected. It is not running Windows, which is the Operating System listed for the laptop. The IP address is not on my network.

The status is the same as in my original post.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

deejayebee, Understood, thank you for taking the time to provide that extra context. Is your Xfinity home network still visible or showing as connected on the laptop in question? If so, are you able to forget the network from the laptop? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I have now switched from Xfinity to AT&T.

Official Employee

• 

969 Messages

I'm sorry to hear that, @deejayebee. Please don't hesitate to create a new post should any other questions or concerns arise. We appreciate your time with us, and I hope you decide to join the Comcast family once again down the road :)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here