U

Monday, November 13th, 2023 11:42 PM

Closed

Can't port forward on iOS app (xFi router)

I have followed the instructions at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway as well as popularly suggested workarounds like the chatbot. No matter what I do, I end up with this error. I have tried on multiple days with the same results. I have the most recent update of the xfinity app.

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

7 months ago

Hi @user_ym7njx I am bummed you're having trouble with port forwarding. We'd be happy to help! Are you having this issue on all devices?

4 Messages

Well I only have the one phone, and the only way to port forward is through the mobile app. So yes, I'm having the problem on all of my one phone.

Official Employee

• 

999 Messages

@user_ym7njx Have 

you tried clearing caches & cookies on your device & uninstalling & reinstalling the app yet? If not please tr those steps and re launch the app

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I have tried these steps and am still encountering the same error.

Official Employee

• 

999 Messages

@user_ym7njx

thank you have you made sure your phone has updated to the newest IOS update , I would try that as well and see that will allow you to complete the port forward process 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Yes, I am on the most recent iOS update and still encountering the same error.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here