U

Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 10:47 PM

Can’t log in to Xfinity app

Have the app, have successfully used the app many times up to a month ago. After update in mid November, app won’t let me in. 
Xfinity app updates are up to date. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app. iPhone updates are up to date. I can open my account in Chrome. 
App appears to be trying to open in Safari (Chrome is my default browser & has been).  App keeps going back to Sign in with Xfinity ID. When I click on Find Your Xfinity ID it takes me to Safari and the message that comes up is “Safari can’t open the page because too many redirects occurred”. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

6 months ago

Greetings, @user_altamx! You are at the right place for help with the Xfinity app. I am sorry that has been looping you through the login screen! I know that can be frustrating to go through. You did a great job of troubleshooting so far! Those are all steps that we recommend. When you uninstalled the Xfinity app did you clear your cookies/history from your device before you reinstalled it? Does your iPhone store any Xfinity passwords for you? 

2 Messages

@XfinityRay​  Thanks for getting back with me - I did further troubleshooting and found I had “Block All Cookies” selected in Safari. I unchecked that setting and my Xfinity app is fully functional once again. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_altamx

Thanks for getting back to us with an update! I'm glad to hear that this was resolved and your app is now working as intended. Should you need assistance with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to make a new post here. Our entire community is available to ensure you get the help you need.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

13 days ago

My xfinity says to update but it won’t let me open the app.  What do I do first

Official Employee

• 

871 Messages

Hi there, @fhwebb I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing trying to log into your Xfinity APP, since it's been a few days since you posted, are you still experiencing problems trying to log in?-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here