S

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024 12:31 AM

Closed

Can't log in to app

This has been going on for 3+ weeks.

When I try to log in to the Xfinity app, I input my user name and hit the "Let's go" button.  Then I am returned to the same screen that says "Sign in with your Xfinity ID".   So I can't log in to the app.  I can log in to the xfinity.com website so I know my username and password are valid.

I have cleared my cache and browsing history.

I'm on an iPhone

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 months ago

Ok folks I figured it out on my own, after 30 minutes in a chat with an agent that had me go down rabbit holes that didn't solve anything.   The Xfinity app uses Safari for user authentication, and the app relies on cookies to work correctly.  If you have cookies disabled for Safari, the app won't work.  You have to do this on your iPhone:

go to SETTINGS

Scroll to SAFARI

Scroll down to ADVANCED (it's way at the bottom)

DESELECT "Block all Cookies"

Then you can go back to the Xfinity app and hopefully login.

Good luck  

1 Message

You have no idea how grateful I am to have stumbled across this post.  I have spent about an hour on the phone, two useless trips to two different storefronts, plus god only knows how much wasted time with the absurdly unhelpful chat bot.  They keep telling me to use the app to fix the app.  Ridiculous.  I was about ready to pitch my xfinity box out the window.  My primary browser on my phone is Firefox, and I had deleted then allowed cookies there, but I literally forgot about Safari.

Thank you so much for rescuing me from the frustration loop

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

8 months ago

PS I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

4 Messages

3 months ago

I am having this issue, but i am a new customer, and i cant access the app. ive cleared the cache and cookies for safari and everything. Is there anything else i can do? spent about 4 hours on the phone with multiple people

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

2 months ago

I had the same issue and the workaround above did not work for me (Block all cookies was already deselected). What fixed it was the following

- Force quit the Xfinity app

- Settings

- Safari

- Advanced

- Website Data

- Search for XFinity

- Delete all Xfinity website data

- relaunch the Xfinity app

1 Message

1 month ago

I'm having the same issue. My cookies are allowed in Safari and there is no cache to clear. Any other ideas?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, user_4vswcz, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues with the Xfinity Website. I know I use the website for managing my account and we definitely want to get it up and running for you! Are you having issues with the app as well? Have you tried using a different browser like Chrome? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Using iPad.  Mine won't work now either.  Press sign in and then screen freezes.  Before no problem.  This is terrible. Fixes above do not work.

1 Message

1 month ago

I have an android and is having the same problems.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here