A

Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 11:23 PM

Closed

Can't Delete Port Forward when "No Associated Device"

I can't delete a Port Forward when there's old port forwarding entries for "No Associated Device" in the Port Forwarding menu...

This is unbelievable. So many hundreds of users have reported this problem and you're still inconveniencing people like me when I have to spend hour(s) trying to figure out and resolve this unresolvable bug. It's completely on your system's end, and you force us to use your broken phone app. It's impossible to remove or modify Port Forward entries if they were entered through an older router/phone app version via a static IP rather than your new method of selecting a Device by name. Now I'm stuck with this bug and can't modify my network settings. This is so frustrating as it's unprofessional of Xfinity/Comcast to hinder people this way and leave it unresolved

DO NOT post some stupid reply to me in this thread about "have you tried our Port Forwarding guide" or "Send me a message in chat" or "Call an Agent" when they clearly don't resolve this or know the issue anyways, as you've done with tens if not hundreds of other people.. I'm not going to enter that cycle of ignorant support like you've done to others

FIX your system. Perhaps allow people to clear/delete all their Port Forwards at least and start anew if your "old" system settings format (such as Assigning Port Forwards by IP Address) is incompatible with your new "Assign Port Forwards by Device" system setting

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for connecting with us here, @Asrei. Sorry about the trouble with deleting old port forwarding entries. In order for us to get you the assistance you need, we would have to ask for your account information via a Direct Message. There is only so much we can do publicly. When assisting, sometimes our system prompts for specialty tickets to be opened. If that happens, we stay with you for the duration of the process. Please let us know if you change your mind.

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message.

2 Messages

6 months ago

I have exactly the same issue and it's been several years that this issuue exists. I tried to reset factory the modem router but Xfinity stores the modem router settings before it and re-apply them so the "No Associated Device" is back in the modem router settings.

I spent 45mn with an agent on the phone yesterday tellng me that they have NO way to remove it. This is ridiculous. On top of that, we are renting this piece of device where a normal router/modem would do that easily through their web interface.

Xfinity, please fix your SW. I'm not even sure if you even try to figure out what's the ACTUAL issue...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here