F

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, December 10th, 2023 5:39 PM

Closed

Can't activate new modem with app

Trying a use a new modem but the app says: "Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please chat with an agent for help with your activation". As soon as I get someone on the phone they start reading a script and wanting to troubleshoot my modem, WiFi and tell me they are opening their tools.... I just want someone to activate and verify the new modem.

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

9 months ago

Connect it to the coax line / outlet and power it up. Let it fully sync up with the system. Check that the front or the top panel indicator light(s) is / are steadily lit. 

Then connect a computer to it and open up a browser. You *may* see their *Walled Garden* modem self registration page. If so, follow the screen prompts. Have your mobile telephone number, your Xfinity username and password, or the account number and telephone number associated with your Comcast account handy.

If not, try calling 1-855-652-3446. That is their self-install device activation line.

If that doesn't work for you, you can call 1-800-comcast and tell a rep that you would like to have a new modem provisioned for service. Have the RF / CM / HFC MAC address and the serial number of it handy when you call.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

9 months ago

@FLTony10 Hello! We just wanted to check back and see if you had a chance to do the things that our awesome Expert @EG provided you. If you are still having any difficulties, please let us know.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here