gk1227's profile

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Sunday, June 27th, 2021 12:29 PM

Closed

Cannot Log In

Cannot log on to the Xfinity app.  I receive endless "Invalid ID or Password" messages. Any attempt to change password or create an ID returns a "That didn't go as planned, try again later" message.  I have no problem logging into the X1 Remote and My Account apps.  OS=Android 11.  Phone=Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

3 years ago

Solved the issue of the inability to log in to the stream and Xfinity apps. Both apps apparently call Chrome to execute the log in process. That's apparently true regardless of the default browser set by the phone (as I have Samsung Internet as my default). Chrome apparently was loaded on the new phone with javascript set to "blocked" by default. Since I don't use Chrome, it was never an issue with the phone in the two months I've had it. It was enabled in Samsung Internet. Both the Xfinity and stream apps apparently require javascript to be enabled in order to log in. Without javascript enabled in Chrome, the apps were unable to log in. Testing for javascript enabled is easy. Both apps should be reporting an error message if that's a requirement.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

3 years ago

Still unable to log in.  Same issues.  At this point, tech support is going around in circles asking the same questions over and over again.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here