U

Monday, April 29th, 2024 3:33 PM

cannot download app

I live in Canada but have a place in Washington state that I have set up internet and tv. I tried to download the app while I was there but kept getting a message saying the App is not available in my country. I am at a place where there are 1000 units and 95% of them are Canadian and everyone else has the app on their phones. I was speaking with an ixfinity agent on the phone when setting up my internet who said it is because my phone is from Canada but so is everyone else's. I also am not receiving the verification codes to my cell number. I am back in Canada now but it doesn't seem to make a difference - I am so beyond frustrated!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

19 days ago

@user_qri7xa Welcome to our community forum! You've reached the perfect place to get help with any questions or concerns you have regarding your Xfinity experience :). When trying to download the app, were you connected to your Xfinity home internet or were you using Mobile Data through a Canadian cell service provider? 

2 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ Hi, I was at my place in the states trying to set up the wifi. The only thing I could get properly connected to my secure wifi was my laptop. My phone, my husband's phone and laptop would only connect to the hotspot wifi my modem was putting out. So I was hooked up to the hotspot wifi through my modem. I have tried in many different places to download it. I was just waiting to head down there this coming weekend to contact xfinity again to try to get hooked up properly. I spent about 6 hours trying to get this done when I was down there last. I even tried turning on my vpn as well to show that I was in Seattle.

Official Employee

• 

645 Messages

user_qri7xa Thank you for the update. I apologize it was so much trouble. Please do get back to us once you are states side so that we can help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here