J

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 28th, 2021 8:22 PM

Closed

Can I user MAC address filtering on my Xfinity home router?

Hello,

I have an Xfinity home internet router and was wondering if MAC address filtering was possible. I don't see it anywhere in the settings when trying to manage my gateway from https://internet.xfinity.com/network/gateway

Model name: tg3482g

Vendor: ARRIS Group, Inc.

Revision: 14

Firmware: TG3482PC2_4.11p7s1_PROD_sey

Or is this setting available only by connecting to the router locally somehow?

Thanks for any guidance here.

Regards,

Joe

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @JoeyJoeJoezie! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums for support.

If you are looking to block out a specific mac address, you'll first want to have it added to your list of connected devices. 

You can use the xFi app if you are using an Xfinity gateway (not in bridge mode). You can view your list of identified devices to verify the device is listed there with its mac. At that point, you should see an option at the top of the page for that device to "pause device". Using that option will deny access to that specific device/mac. 

Let me know if that works for you or if you need an extra hand! :)

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

How can I enable mac address filtering on my TG4482A gateway (Firmware:  TG4482PC2_4.12p9s1_PROD_sey)?  I want to allow only specific MAC addresses access to the gateway and deny all other MAC addresses access.  I have very few devices on my gateway and want to allow only those few devices.

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

@dyfd Log onto your gateway at http://10.0.0.1 (default) or the address you have set for your gateway, if it was changed.

Default login credentials:

Username: admin

Password: password (case-sensitive)

If it is the first time logging into the gateway with the default password, you will be required to change the password before continuing.

After that, navigate to Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi. You can only configure up to 64 items on that list for allowing devices by MAC address.

1. Scroll down until you see MAC Filter Setting.
  2. You can also control it per SSID as well, if they are separate.
  3. Change MAC Filtering Mode to Allow.
  4. Manually input the MAC Addresses or click add on ones that were automatically learned.
  5. Save the changes.

In the meantime I'm closing this thread, but feel free to create your own new post, if you still need assistance.

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here