dmanley's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, November 3rd, 2022 7:34 PM

Closed

App shows wrong internet plan

A few weeks ago the My Xfinity app started showing the wrong plan & in fact, showed as 2 speed bumps ago (400 Mbps vs. 800).

The other (Xfinity) app shows my plan correctly as does the website.  Thus far, this seemingly tiny problem has baffled everyone & no one has a clue how to fix

What say you?

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to us in our Forums. When you look in the My Account app, are you still seeing the incorrect plan? Also, have you made any recent changes to your plan, even within the last month?

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, wrong plan.  Only change was 2 separate speed increases.  The 1st increase took my plan from 400 Mbps to 600...this registered correctly in the app.

The 2nd speed increases from 600 to 800. Somewhere along the line the app regressed to showing 400 again.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there, I am sorry for the confusion of the Internet speeds. We recently upgraded the speeds. Please visit https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/faster-internet-speeds-xfinity-customers-2022 to learn more about our speed increases. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I fully understand about the recent speed increases but that's NOT what the issue is.  If you read my first post above, I am receiving the correct internet package according to my plan which is now, 800Mbps/20.  Befor that, it was 600Mbps/10 and before that, 400Mbps/10.  The issue is, the My Xfinity app SHOWS my plan is 400Mbps when it SHOULD be, 800Mbps/20.  To reiterate, I get the speeds I'm supposed to and, the other Xfinity app *and the website* both show my plan correctly, it is only the My Xfinity app that is wrong.  I have called support, traveled to the local Xfinity facility, emailed the app developer and no one has a single clue how to correct the app.  Frankly, I don't think anyone much cares about it one way or the other and I don't see it changing.  I only posted here of the off chance that someone had seen a glitch like this before and might have some insight.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @user_972209. I can understand how this would be frustating, and why you would want this fixed! It has been a couple of days. Are you still having issues, or were you able to get this resolved? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

No change... this isn't going to resolve itself.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

@dmanley  Gotcha! And to confirm, by chance, have you removed and reinstalled the application or checked for any updates recently to ensure that everything is up to par as far as that goes? 

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Yes... uninstalled/reinstalled probably 15 times.  This is NOT something user correctable.

What I need is for someone to go into my account, isolate the glitch & correct it.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

@dmanley We'd be happy to dive in here into the specific account! Please join us in a direct message using the steps outlined below, and please be sure to include your first and last name, and full-service address so that we may locate the account!

Here's the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Direct message sent.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

Thank you for the Direct Message, we look forward to working with you there shortly! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have pretty much the same exact issue. When I access the My Account App and click to the Internet tab it shows my internet plan as the "Performance Pro Internet Speeds up to 400mbps". But my bill shows my package as the Extreme Pro Internet (which is the correct plan I want). In addition, when I use the Xfinity Assistant feature in the app it also tells me there that my plan is the Performance Pro Internet. I've talked to multiple reps and they too seem to be clueless on what is going on.

Contributor

• 

242 Messages

Hello, @user_f00bc3. Did you recently change your speed and if so, has a new bill generated or does your current bill show the correct plan?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

My internet plan was changed back in August. The odd thing is I’ve never had the Performance Pro package. My latest bill shows the correct package. It is just in all the apps that the package is incorrect. 

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_f00bc3 There is a good chance that your base package is Performance Pro but your promotion includes the Extreme Pro upgrade for free. Then when your contract is up your package changes to our everyday price. I would be happy to look into this for you.

Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address?

To send a Private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Still waiting for some resolution.  Anyone?

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

DM to XfinitySupport sent.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here