Fronzizzle's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, April 17th, 2023 10:36 PM

Closed

App Says TV is "Status Unavailable"

Hello,

I have three TV's hooked to Xfinity, one with a DVR/X1 box and two with the small satellite boxes.  The one with the normal X1 box is labeled Living Room.  When I open the Xfinity app, it says that the TV has "Status Unavailable."  The other two both say "Connected."  I rebooted the modem, restarted the app and restarted the box but it still says the same thing.  How do I get the app to recognize the TV?

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

1 year ago

@

I am so sorry to hear that the box doesn't seem to be working right! Just to be clear, are you saying the apps, as in when you hit "Xfinity" on the remote aren't working, or is the box itself not working? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

The box is working fine.  It's on my iPhone app where it says "Status Unavailable."

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

Let's see if refreshing your account helps. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

•    Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •    Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •    The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •    - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •    - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •    Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •    Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

61 Messages

1 year ago

I noticed this too, but just chalked it up to another new app issue.  The only TV devices that appear to be "connected" are the MOCA only devices that have no tuner in them but rely on the tuners in other boxes, such as your DVR/X1 box. If it is a MOCA/CATV box, like your DVR the app gives it "Status Unavailable". Rest assured, you will be billed for all the boxes regardless of their "status".

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here