U

Monday, January 1st, 2024 9:58 PM

Closed

App says things are connected, devices say they're paused

Every device in my house is having this issue, my app says they're connected with great signal, but the device itself says that I need to sign in but then that the device is paused and I need to go to the app. 

I've restarted gateway, restarted my devices, unplugged the modem for various amounts of time and plugged it back in, nothings worked so far. This is going on with my phone, laptop, TV, and Nintendo switch. I've tried disconnecting everything to see if too many things were connected to the wifi but that's not the case either. This is day 3. 

6 Messages

7 months ago

I've been having the same issue for a few week now. Some of my devices gets randomly paused and the Internet becomes very unstable. I've also tried restarting and unplugging the modem but it does not help. After spending hours chatting with the useless automatic Assistance I get to chat with a human. They send "refresh" signals that solves the problem. However, they appear back in 2 to 3 days. It is extremely annoying!

(edited)

2 Messages

@user_h3amf3​ I spent 2 hours in a chat with an actual person and they tried a bunch of stuff and none of it worked so they're sending a technician out. Fingers crossed this helps, it is really annoying not being able to use what I'm paying for

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

7 months ago

Hey there @user_esgu75, 3-days without being able to connect to your network is brutal, I can't imagine what that's been like for you. I would love a chance to help you and make sure things progress to get you connected once again. I'm not sure if this step was tried already, but have you checked the Xfinity app to see if you're able to Unpause your devices? Either way, I will do all I can for you. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

6 Messages

The devices show as Online in the Xfinity App. They get a message "This device is paused". I never paused them and it seems to happen randomly.

6 Messages

And it just happened yet again. We should be compensated by this terrible service!!!

6 Messages

This is the message I get in my phone! Please solve this issue. It must be some software issue. It started to happen around the date Xfinity was hacked!

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

7 months ago

All. Perhaps your neighbors are inadvertently connecting to your network / gateway device via the MoCA feature ? MoCA (Multimedia Over Coax Alliance) is an alternate hardwired way to connect devices to a home network if ethernet cabling can not be used/run. It uses the existing coax cable wiring instead of ethernet cabling. 

If the MoCA feature is enabled, and you do not have a POE (Point Of Entry) MoCA filter installed on the coax line, yours, and your neighbor's gateway devices will be able to connect with each other like one big network. 

Disable it if you aren't using it. If you are, install a POE MoCA filter on the input port of the first splitter off of the street drop to keep the MoCA signal in your premises and to keep the neighbor's signals out. Your neighbors should also have POE filters installed.

To disable MoCA on your device. First, unplug the coax cable line from the jack on the gateway device. Then go to the gateway login http://10.0.0.1   

Default login info is:
Username: admin (all lowercase)
Password: password

Once in you will find the drop-down on the left of the screen that is labeled “Connections”.

Click the drop down---> click MoCA---> right side of screen click “disable”---> save changes.

Bear in mind that we've seen many posts here that the MoCA feature gets turned back on with their overnight re-boots / updates for the device. The best policy is to be sure to use that POE filter ! Amazon has them: https://www.amazon.com/SNLP-1GCW-Filter-Eliminate-Multi-Room-Interference/dp/B07SLD9QPH    

Or you can get one for free at your local Comcast / Xfinity store. Or book a tech to come out and install one for you.

If the MoCA feature is not being used on your home network, you can put the POE filter right at the back of your gateway device instead.

6 Messages

Seems like disabling the MoCA feature solved the issue, at least for now. I will need someone from Xfinity to install the POE filter, even behind the gateway since I don't use the MoCA feature at all. THanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_h3amf3, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the connection, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

@user_h3amf3​ 

This bears repeating;

"Bear in mind that we've seen many posts here that the MoCA feature gets turned back on with their overnight re-boots / updates for the device. The best policy is to be sure to use that POE filter !"

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

6 Messages

7 months ago

As @EG mentioned, the default values were restored over night and MoCA feature is back on and the issue happened again. Can someone from Xfinity change the default settings to not include the MoCA feature?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_h3amf3, you do have the option of disabling it, with the steps our awesome expert friend @EG shared. However, we aren't able to remove the feature all together. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here