S

Monday, September 11th, 2023 4:59 AM

Closed

App Only Has 2 Menu Tabs

I cannot manage my Gateway Xfi device as the app only has 2 options Overview and Account. There is no WiFi option available. The website will not let me make changes and logging in directly tells me that all my changes were selected automatically and to update in the app. It's very frustrating as I can't see my 2.4 GHz option and that's what all my home devices (cameras, thermostat, etc) need to connect to. 

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

1 year ago

Hey, @Selms16! Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into when trying to manage your network on the app. We know how important it is to be able to set up those different bands based on what the devices need. We can certainly get this looked into! Since there is some account information we will need to look into we will need to have a closer look into this. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I got and update to the Xfinity app today.  It went from five tabs at the bottom to three tabs (Overview, Services, and Account).  But the Really BIG thing is All the Purple status buttons at the top are GONE.  I can't get access to any of the status options.  The app is nearly useless now.  WHAT HAPPENED?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @Jimhanseng, and thank you for reaching out about our Xfinity app. What status option were you trying to access that you feel has been removed? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

1 year ago

My app only has 2 tabs as well. I cannot connect my XFi pod as a result. I think this is a widespread issue.

2 Messages

I was finally able to get someone on the chat who said it was because the new devices don't allow you to separate the bands anymore. He was able to tell me how to turn off the 5 and 6 Ghz connections to set up my devices and then I turned them back on. If you go into the direct page, then go to wifi on the left I think. It will show all 2 or 3 of your bands. I think you hit edit and then disable. If you disable the higher ones, you can connect all of your devices (all of my cameras, robo vacuum, etc). Then go back and re-enable them. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums @user_7neca3! I completely understand how important it is to be able to connect your xFi pod. This issue causing some users to be missing tabs in the Xfinity app is a known issue and our engineers are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@user_7neca3​ update - I found a fix. I formerly set up my gateway over the phone, and I still had the “activate gateway” option on the profile tab. Once I went through the setup and named my WiFi name/password the same one that it currently is, I got access to all 4 tabs again 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here