user_ksu236's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 23rd, 2023 1:35 AM

Closed

App is Useless

Just installed my new X8 Gateway (which did not go smoothly and I am a 20 year experienced network engineer), the App was and is useless to me. Running App version 5.1.0.1686250474 and when I log in, I get a brief flash of the purple boxes, then a flash, they disappear and I get only account info. I do not see any other tabs at the bottom of my screen. See the two attached screen shots.

This behavior was the same with my older X6 Gateway that I just replaced. Likely some strange account issue, but I certainly can't figure that out. I am the only person on the account thus listed as the primary.

So at the moment, useless. Fortunately I can manage the router via the web admin.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_ksu236 thank you for confirming the app version you are running. Have you had services with us at multiple addresses? I noticed the Services and WiFi tab are missing at the bottom of your screenshots. Could you please use our username lookup tool to make sure you are signing into the correct account?

If you have had services with us at a previous address and linked a previous username to the new account, your primary account settings may need to be edited online.

At this time, our Xfinity app does not have the option to switch addresses/accounts. Even if a previous account has been disconnected, it could still be listed as the primary account. To change the account selected in the Xfinity App, you will need to go to the account section online.

From here you can view all your linked accounts and choose a primary account you want to set as a default across your Xfinity apps (Xfinity, Xfinity Stream, Xfinity Home, etc.) by selecting the Make This Default option.

For the Xfinity app and the Xfinity Stream portal, you’ll also be prompted to select your account when signing in. Select the account you’d like to access and click Continue to view that account. If you’d like to switch accounts later, you can sign out and then sign back in to pick another account.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here