W

Saturday, January 20th, 2024 5:45 PM

App connection test

Why is my app showing my speed against 600mbps when I pay for 1gbps?

Official Employee

• 

573 Messages

5 months ago

Hey there, @wtally! Hmm, that is certainly not what we want for our customers. Can you share with us more details regarding how the device you are testing is connected? 

3 Messages

This is my xfi XB8 modem as tested through the Xfinity app via “Troubleshoot” and then “Test your whole home network.”  It’s connected to the primary cable line entering the house. 

Official Employee

• 

573 Messages

I apologize for overlooking that on those details, but we can certainly look into this further with you. During your time with the Xfinity Assistant, did you push through a restart of your modem? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Yes. This ended up being resolved with a new provisioning request. However, I paid for multiple months not getting the correct speed. The agent offered no compensation for this. 

Official Employee

• 

689 Messages

We can look into adjusting your bill for the reduced speeds. Please, send a Direct Message to "Xfinity Support" so we can look at your account. Thank you!

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here