N

Friday, October 6th, 2023 5:46 PM

Closed

Activation

I have been trying to activate Xfinity pods for about 2 hours now went through the whole chat which was ridiculous. I'm getting the same error something went wrong.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @n2mygt Can you detail for the community the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far? For example, make sure the Xfinity Apps firmware is the latest version. You can delete the Xfinity App and reload it to accomplish that task. The second thing is to make sure your xFi pods is not linked to another account. May I ask have you purchased the pods directly from Comcast, from a third-party retailer, or gifted them to you? 

3 Messages

I have gone through normal customer service advanced tier and still nothing works. We have rebooted the modem numerous times uninstalled and reinstalled the app in different devices and still the activation process fails. These were directly from Comcast because I am an employee. If these are different for whatever reason this is how they came to me. I did notice that the serial number on the box is different than the serial number on the pods but that just might be the way it is.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Happy to be helping a fellow Comcaster! Do you know if our tech support team had opened a ticket? I was hoping to grab some specific details from your account here real quick also. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Where do I do that? From this site

Official Employee

• 

865 Messages

Do you see a chatbox icon listed as Direct Messaging on the upper right corner?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here