U

Sunday, February 25th, 2024 3:40 AM

Activating pod issue

I purchased a Pod today at one of my local xfinity stores, when trying to activate it I keep getting the try again message when I press the 'get started' button in the app. I have tried everything and spend way to much time trying to solve any possible problems on my end but nothing has solved the problem.

1 Message

3 months ago

All three of mine are off and can’t connect. Very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_uw7clf. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums regarding the Pods. Are you getting an error message when trying to connect them and have you attempted to follow the steps here?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

Greetings, @user_zj80xl! It is exciting to add the WiFi Boost Pods to your service! I am sorry it has not activated and am happy to help. I know you said you have tried a lot already. Is Bluetooth turned on for the device you are using the Xfinity app on? Did you try restarting your gateway? Is the light on the xFi Pod on and solid, on and blinking, or off?

1 Message

2 months ago

I am having the same issue. The activate pods page in my app just takes me from Getting Started to an error message

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there @user_0rek00. I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with activating the xFi Pods. When you are in the Xfinity App, are you logged in with the Primary Xfinity username ID? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

16 days ago

I am having same issue and see others posting also of this error when attempting to activate. Another user mentioned that they recently were upgraded to a newer more powerful router/modem. The white Xfi gateway from the older black rectangle one. I too was upgraded and got this new equipment. After about 1 week my original pod just stopped working. I was unable to reconnect or re-activate it through the app. I spent 1.5 hours on chat with a customer service rep and they could do nothing. I even purchased a second pod. Same problem. Not able to activate and the app delivers the attached screenshot message. Don't think I didn't try every suggestion (restart gateway, reinstall Xfinity App, bluetooth on and not connected vial ethernet to gateway, etc....)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here