U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, May 27th, 2023 2:03 AM

Closed

Activate xfi pods not showing up on devices

Got an xfi pod to boost Wi-Fi to my room. Followed directions to setup. When I got to the step to activate xfi pods, it is not listed under my account. Not sure how to fix this. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_2a4318 Thank you so much for your post for help with accessing the options to activate your Xfi pods. Since you are activating equipment you would need to make sure you are logged in to a profile that has the correct level of access. The account manager and Primary account roles can manage equipment for your account. You can use this link here to see your account role and the Xfinity IDs you have set up with each Xfinity ID using the steps listed. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/designate-users-restricted-or-unrestricted 
Once you know you are using the correct level of access, when you log in to the Xfinity app press on the account Icon in the top left-hand corner, and you should see your Xfinity ID and account setting and your activity as the first options. Then your Xfinity plan in the next tile followed but your balance information. If you are not seeing these same options I would recommend clearing your device's history logging out of your Xfinity app and then logging back in.  Once logged back in on that same screen if you are seeing these options if you continue to scroll down you will see a few more tiles. Your plan with options to view your details and data usage. With the Devices options next. The third option down will be Activate xFi Pods.  Let me know if you are still not able to locate that option! 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ I am the primary account holder. I followed your steps and I still do not have the option under devices to activate my xfi pods. The only options I have are activate xfinity camera, activate xfi gateway or modem, activate xfinity doorbell, activate xfinity storm-ready Wi-Fi. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_2a4318 Thank you for letting us know. Have you checked here to ensure it meets each step: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfi-pod-with-xfi-app? Also, making sure the modem is not in bridge mode is crucial. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

The modem is not in bridge mode and I’ve checked all requirements. My modem meets the requirements. I still cannot see activate xfi pods on my account devices on the xfinity app. I’ve also tried logging out and back in,  deleting history on my phone, and deleting the xfinity app and reinstalling it. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_2a4318 That is odd, but thank you so much for trying those steps.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it”

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityHeather​ I’ve realized the modem I currently have is an Arris TG862G. Is it compatible with the xfi pods? 

2 Messages

1 year ago

This same this has happened to me, it was never resolved and they refused to refund me the $200 I paid for the 2 pods. 

2 Messages

1 year ago

This is sad and ridiculous. I will be finding service elsewhere after being a customer for  years, I guess $200 was worth it to lose a customer to them. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here