HODGIE6's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Access not Authorized You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this serv

Losing my mind with the lack of service response from Comacst. Yesterday, self-installed television service without issue.  Downloaded app to set up Wifi router.  Logged in with username/password only to receive this error message:  "Access not Authorized. You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service." I can not get past this screen, my account page has stated 'we are setting up your account' for 24 hours and I can not get a human being to respond to me.  Messenger, Twitter, and certainly not on the telephone.  I am a paying customer that can not use their service.  Please help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, @HODGIE6  you do not download the app to set up your Gateway modem. You first connect to xfsetup and then put your password in that is on the sticker on the Gateway that says "Network security key or password"

Then you create a new SSID/ Network name and then your password. Once you do all of that you then open up the xFi app and log in with your Comcast user ID/Email however do not put the Comcast.net part , just the 1st part of it.  If that doesn't work please reply back and we can go from there.  Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @HODGIE6 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues.  Without the benefit of being able to see your account I cannot give you a definite answer as to why.  My first instinct on this is that you most likely either have a modem that is owned by you and not rented through Comcast or you do not have the correct xFi modem.  If you would like, feel free to direct message with your account information and i can look at it.  Thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello I'm having the same exact problem. Paper tells me to sign in to the app but the app won't let me log in saying I'm not a customer but I obviously am since I bought the Internet. My modem is from xfinity.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m having the same problem. I have a roku in my living room wixfinitybeta working great. Attempting to set up second roku in bedroom and error message is same as above. Why??

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, @redpopsicle  Since this is a open forum,  all i can say is this to protect your account and the privacy of your account.  The Comcast UID/Email attached to your name on this forum comes back as not valid and or active anymore.  

You will need to create a new UID/Email or click forgot UID to see if one will come up connected to your address/Comcast account.  The reason for you not being able to sign in is different than the rest that are having log in users etc. 

Official Employee

• 

131 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Sullivank1961  Please try this and if it doesn't work please call in and ask to speak to someone in the Xfinity apps dept thanks and good luck with it. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi I am having the same problem. I just set up my service with a Netgear modem and tp link router, but when I try and sign into the xFi app it says I must be an xfinity user

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Hey not sure if you were ever able to resolve this, but I came across your post when I was having this same issue earlier this week and finally found a workaround that I wanted to share with you in case you still were having this issue!

What worked for me was signing in on the xfinity website (where you go to pay your bill online, etc.) and going to the "My Account" tab in the top left. Once you've done that, click on the tab labeled "Users" and select the option to "Add a New User" (there should be a blue plus sign in a circle next to this option). It will bring you to a page titled "Assign a user role" with three different options. Go ahead and click the bubble next to "Manager" to select this option (it should be the first one) and then click "Continue" in the bottom right. It should take you to a page to fill out information for this additional user. You'll want to make sure this information is different from the Primary account holder's information, so just be sure that whatever you enter for this new user's name and contact info is different from the information you used when setting up your primary account. (Since billing is tied to the primary account holder's info and not additional users added to the account, you should have no problem with just entering a fake name here, so just put something distinctive and different from the name that is already on the account.) When filling in the contact info, you only have to fill in at least one of the two options, so you can put either a mobile phone number or an email address, but again whatever you put here should be distinct from the contact info already listed for the primary account holder, so use a secondary email if you have one or if you never added you mobile phone number as a contact method for your primary account you can use that instead.

Once you have filled out the contact info, go ahead and click the "Send Invite" button in the bottom right to send a link to the contact method you listed for this user. You'll have to click the link sent to the mobile phone number or email you listed in order to verify the account and set a password (password can be whatever you want, probably doesn't matter if it is different from the primary account password, but for security reasons would be good to have them be unique). Once you've done that, the new user account should be all set up and good to go! Make sure you have the account info for this new user written down somewhere safe (either the email address or phone number you used and the password) because you will need to login as this new user to try and access xFi (either from your browser or in the app).

So now that you have this additional user set up with the Manager role, sign out of your account if you are signed in as the primary account holder (check the name in the top right if you're not sure). When signing back in, make sure that you click "sign in as someone else" if it tries to make you sign in with the primary account holder's information. Once you are at the login screen, put in the account info for the new user and sign in. If you're in the app, you should be good to go now if it worked! If you're on the website, click the WiFi symbol in the top right to take you to xFi and see if it lets you in now. Hopefully you won't have the "Account not Authorized" message anymore and can access xFi as this new user!

I should note that this is very much a workaround, as this did not fix the issue of my primary account still not being able to access xFi, so hopefully Xfinity can figure out what is causing the problem in the first place. But in the meantime, this is what helped me access xFi and I hope that it can help you as well!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem I've had for two weeks. I can't view and pay bill or manage my account. I really need to change my user name and password too. I can't run diagnosis on connection and it has issues last couple weeks. I have tried different devices and wifi pnly to be denied access. Makes no sense. I've been Xfinity customer 2o years and I'm afraid I might have to switch if this isn't fixed

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having the exact same problem, just need to activate my internet
Called X Finity for at least 20 times, yet it kept saying that my account doesn’t exist, therefore I couldn’t even talk to a representative about my problem. Drove for half an hour to the closest xfinity location yet they are unable to solve my problem. Xfinity charged me for 50 dollars without providing any services, please please please solve this problem right now, I just moved to this area and really need internet for a bunch of stuffs. Thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m having the same issue. I called comcast and they said I had to go in and get a new router. I did, and I come back and I’m having the same exact problem. And now comcast is closed. I’m loosing patience with this problem.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hey- hope you were able to get this issue fixed by now. If not I just resolved this issue for myself by going to the below link and setting your account as “primary”. Really dumb as I’m sure you only have one account like I do but this fixed the issue when trying to log into the XFi app. https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account/linked-accounts

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thank you! I spent an hour talking to customer service without resolution. Your idea was what worked!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Spend last full day with this same issue. Kids start school online for next 10 weeks need help today. When I reach customer service they text and email instructions, this was not an issue with old equipment just new equipment

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thank you so much! This worked & saved me a lot of trouble. I was about to try & call Xfinity but I am so glad I don't have to now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here