U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 5th, 2022 9:48 PM

Closed

Access Not Authorized “You Signed in successfully but must be an xfinity user to enjoy this service”

I signed up for xfinity wifi with a gateway router. My service was set to start Jan 1. I received the router at the Philadelphia Location on 14th and Walnut successfully. I signed up to self install which is generally easy. The issue, is that when trying to set up the wifi, all paths - online, paper instructions, support robot at 1-800-xfinity, lead to the xfinity app as the sole method of activating the equipment. This would be no problem, except the app returns the following error every single time I try to sign in to activate my services 

Access not Authorized

You signed in successfully but must be an xfinity user to enjoy this service”

I am then unable to navigate anywhere within the app, because every time I sign in, I am met with this error, and no way to navigate away from it. So I can’t move into my new apartment till I get the wifi set up, but I’m also concerned that I will miss a bill because I elected paperless and I believe all billing will come due in the app interface. If any customer service rep could give me some pointers or ideas of what to do/why the app is breaking for my user, that would be amazing.

thank you

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @user_c4ef2c. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through Xfinity Forums! Wow! How Frustrating! I'm sorry to hear there are issues with the online account! We're here to help!

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Frequent Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@XfinityAliciaA​ 

I'm getting the same message.  I tried to contact support and they didn't seem to understand what was happening.   They tried to imply that either only the "main" account was allowed to access streaming which is not true or that all the desktop/laptops in my home were the problem which is absolutely ludicrous.

We have two main accounts and both logins have this problem.

Starting on 3/17 I got the TVAPP-114 error and when I cleared my cache, I would get the Access not Authorized in all browsers on Windows/Mac.

I can authenticate successfully in the app on iOS devices. This is not a "user" problem.  This is a "you" problem. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@larissaej​ Same! It only started partway through 3/17 and only impacts the laptops/desktops in my house - on every single browser both before and after clearing the cache. After clearing the cache, initially results in the 'access not authorized' error and then back for the TVAPP-00114 error. On top of installing updates and restarting the device, resetting the router, and resetting the modem.

However, on the iOS app on my phone it works fine as does the DVR if watching on the physical tv.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@XfinityAliciaA​ I’m having the same problem on my phone. I’ve used the app for a very long time and just last night it logged me out and I’m getting that same error message. I’m not happy Xfinity. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityAliciaA​ Same problem startng on 3/17.  obviously xfinity made a change.   It's time to fix it.   I am like others in the Boston area.  It is not isolated to a particular account.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@larissaej​ agree, a xfinity problem. it is up to xfinity to fix it.  Meanwhile I am not getting the service I pay through the nose for.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

I get the same err message and can no long stream programs from my DVR on my PC as of this morning.  Error TVAPP-114. I first get a message to clear my Firefox browser  cache which I did several times. with effect?

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_91a0bd​ 

I meant with "no effect"

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am getting the exact same messages. It also started on 3/17. I have been in touch with customer support and when they escalated the issue the support person was told they are trying to fix the issue. All of issues are the same as I have been reading. I can access streaming on my Iphone, Ipad, Kindle, and TV, but not either of my two laptops. I can log into the main xfinity page and go to mail and voice, but as soon as I go to stream, I get the messages that you are all getting. I am in the Boston MA area. I don't know where you guys are located. GP

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Same problem same time frame on two computers.   I changed nothing.  Used to work then on 3/17 it gives me the buffer nonsense, then if I delete previous sites, cookies passwords I get not authorized.   I pay $400 a month for this service how dare you tell me I am not authorized!

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Hello! My team manages login, startup, and some of the activation flows. I will send you an email asking for more information so we can help you debug this issue.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

@XfinityDanielD​ Any update?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityDanielD​   I am having the same problem 

"Please clear your browser's cache

Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please clear your browser's cache and then refresh this page.

(Error TVAPP-00114)

Try Again"
Then when I do and try again:
"Access not Authorized

You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service."

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@XfinityDanielD​ I need help with the “Access not Authorized” error message. I’ve restarted my phone. Uninstalled the app… reloaded the app. Nothing is working!

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@burbank​ Nothing has changed here… same Access Not Authorized message. 

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

@burbank @user_9e32ff Sending you both a Private message to get more information.

@user_86fa82 - Your issue TVAPP-00114 is a known Xfinity Stream app issue that started on 3/17. We have dedicated engineers working on a resolution and we will have this corrected as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we encourage you to run through some basic troubleshooting steps with our team

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

2 years ago

I to have this problem that started on 3/17. I get the error message, "Access not Authorized You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service."

on the Xfi Icon on all devices. Also clicking on the TV icon on my Xifinty results in the error described to others above. "Please clear your browser's cache Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please clear your browser's cache and then refresh this page. (Error TVAPP-00114)" Streaming apps work fine on Iphone 11 and Ipad air2 IOS 15.4.

All other links on my Xfinity work properly such as my account, email, voice, etc.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

2 years ago

This all seemed to start after I was automatically logged into Xfinty on the NCAA Final Four web site to watch basketball. Anyone else?

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@Panfish​ That’s about the time it started with my phone. I downloaded the MARCH Madness App to watch the games… strange. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having exact same problems as everyone else.  Nothing will fix it on my end.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello and thanks for reaching out @cindimm. I am sad to hear you are having issues and I would love to assist you. Please send me a direct message with your first and last name, your complete service address, and a little more detail on the exact issue you are having to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
  • Click the direct message icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
  • Press Enter to send your message 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same "Access not Authorized" problem on my HP desktop (but not my Samsung tablet or TV - don't have a laptop) as of yesterday, March 17th.  After spending many minutes on the phone with very polite people who seem to be in India (both yesterday and again today) - clearing the cache, restarting the modem and computer on my end, and heaven-knows-what on their end - I was told to call HP.  This makes no sense, as I too can access Xfinity mail, etc.  It's only Stream and it's only on my desktop.  If I'm told "You signed in successfully but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service," it must be Xfinity's problem that all of a sudden it doesn't recognize me as a user on the same desktop I've been using for years.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@

Thank you all for your comments! We are sorry to hear that this is happening to you too. Error TVAPP-00114 is a known Xfinity Stream app issue that started on 3/17. We have dedicated engineers working on a resolution and we will have this corrected as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we encourage you to run through some basic troubleshooting steps with our team. Please leave a comment here if you haven't already and we will invite you to a private message with us.

Please send a private message with your first and last name, as well as complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

1. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  2. Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  3. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  4. Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  5. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  6. Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have a similar problem. Urgently need help. Customer service staff on phone are unhelpful.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

2 years ago

Having same issue....frustrating with no answers just a run around

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue for me.  Watched NCAA yesterday on  my mac, failing today with same error mentioned above.  Works apps (ipad/iphone)  but not on mac's.  

xfinity, i'm guessing this is a known issue at this point.  Please confirm.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Hello @user_8d2f66, Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I've been having the same problem for two days.  Chatted with xfinity for over an hour without success.  Cleared cash restarted router, restarted pc, logged out, successfully logged in.  I can access everything except5 streaming tv to my PC which I've been doing for at least two or three years.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @user_4a5508. It has been a couple of days since you reached out. Are you still having issues or were you able to get this resolved? 

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

2 years ago

So, I took a suggestion from someone else and signed in as another user and boom it worked!  What is that about?????

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

2 years ago

I to signed on with a secondary user, both streaming and Xfi access works so this is a user specific issue that started on 3/17/22.

Frequent Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@user_91a0bd

You have to be the account Primary, you cannot be a manager or lower.  

1. Login
  2. Go to the Users Tab
  3. There should be an "Add new User"
  4. Select Member or lower level (I selected member)
  5. Finish account creation
  6. Login with new user 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yes, this method was a fix for me. I added a new user, selecting the "member" status, finished the account creation and ... VOILA! ... all better. I have hunch that this problem has something to do with the automatic termination of Xfinity's week of "free" stuff that you usually have to pay for - HBO, etc.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same here 3/17 got kicked off streaming and can't get back in.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Same here.   kicked off streaming, had to reset my password even.  If you're going to make a change advance notice is a courtesy if not a legal requirement.  I pay enough, to have to pay more for streaming to a computer is insulting and may be the last straw.   Right now I would just like it fixed so my wife can watch our recorded shows and stop complaining to me like it's my fault.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

I have found a way to stream again on my laptop PC.  It involves adding a secondary user with "viewer" access. Good luck!

1-log into my.xfinity.com and signin with your normal primary  ID/passwd

2-go to USERS

3-select ADD A NEW USER

4-Enter form with different USERNAME/PASSWD & answer a secret question

You should now be able to use this secondary ID/PASSWD to stream DVR recordings, live tv, etc as before 3/17 when account logic was changed for some reason for the primary user.

Frequent Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@user_91a0bd​ 

This works for me too; however, you have to be the primary owner on the account. If you are Manager or lower? You cannot create/remove users for the account.  

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I was the primary and only user before I added a second as a "viewer". Works for now but could change any time without explanation.  What a way to run a software company.

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

I got the same message today when I tried to stream as everybody else:"You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service". I'ver been a user for decades. AND NO I'M NOT GOING TO DO SOME DOPEY 15 STEP WORKAROUND!!! FIX THE BUG!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Added new user and it worked.  Thx for the help but very frustrating!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_264829, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. Are you still experiencing this issue? After a recent update, clearing cache and cookies on the devices having this issue has been able to resolve this issue.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here