U

Tuesday, March 26th, 2024 4:58 PM

5G disappeared

As of today, the 5Ghz Wifi is not showing up anymore on my XB7. No matter I've tried restarting the system and going through the app to check settings. It only shows up the 2.4Ghz wifi, and I’m concerned its set for auto switch 2.4/5Ghz mode. I'm unable to set it back to broadcast both channels. I have a lot of 2.4Ghz-only device that will only connect to 2.4Ghz. They are no longer connecting to the Hub. I have an IT background and I know what I am doing, so please don’t suggest restarting the device or check wifi passwords. I need to be able to choose whether my devices connect using 2.4 or 5Ghz. I would like both channels to be broadcasting. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

6 months ago

Greetings, @user_n2lnvv! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the WiFi router on your XB7, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

6 months ago

@user_n2lnvv @XfinityJamesC 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here