Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

63 Messages

Thursday, June 17th, 2021 2:24 PM

Closed

ANSWERED: What is the ESPN+ app on Xfinity X1 & Flex?

The ESPN app on Xfinity X1 TV Boxes and Flex streaming TV Boxes offers live and On Demand content from ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN Deportes, LHN, SECN, and SEC+ channels.

You can also subscribe separately to ESPN+ and view content in the ESPN app on X1 and Flex. ESPN+ offers streaming access to:

• Live sporting events.
  • Original content and shows.
  • An On Demand library of past sporting events.
  • Documentaries and other features.
  • ESPN+ originals from top sports figures including:
    • Peyton’s Places with Peyton Manning,
    • Bettor Days with Mike Greenberg,
    • Detail with Vince Carter,
    • Ariel & The Bad Guy with Ariel Helwani and more.
  • Thousands of events from:
    • MLB,
    • NHL,
    • MLS,
    • FA Cup,
    • Top Rank Boxing,
    • Top college sports and more.

ESPN app screen featuring various programming

How To Access the ESPN App on Xfinity X1 and Flex

Content within the ESPN app can be accessed three different ways:

1. ESPN3 and select On Demand clips are free and don’t require a subscription or ESPN TV service.
  2. If ESPN is part of your Xfinity TV service, you’ll have access to ESPN content (including live ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPN3, SEC+, etc. channels along with On Demand content) through the ESPN app on eligible Xfinity X1 TV Boxes and Flex streaming TV Boxes. You’ll just need to enter your Xfinity ID and password for the TV Provider credentials.
  3. ESPN+ content is a separate subscription streaming service offered by ESPN. You must have a subscription to ESPN+ to watch ESPN+ content. If you are an ESPN+ subscriber, you'll also be able to purchase select pay per view content offered through ESPN+.

To access the ESPN app, you’ll need:

• A compatible streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service or a compatible X1 TV Box with Xfinity X1 service. The following X1 TV Boxes aren’t compatible with the ESPN app:
    • RNG150, including the following models:
      • PCRNG150BNMD — Pace RNG150N-M
      • PCRNG150BNCD — Pace RNG150N-C
      • SMRNG150BNMD — Samsung RNG150N-M
      • SRRNG150N/CCO — Samsung RNG150N-C
    • Pace Xi3
      • Model PX031ANI
      • Model PX032ANI
    • Samsung XG2v2
      • Models SX022ANC and SX022ANM
    • Arris XG1v1
      • Models MX011ANC and MX011ANM
    • Pace XG1v1
      • Models PX001ANC and PX001ANM
  • Xfinity Internet service (any level).
  • ESPN as part of your Xfinity TV service (for ESPN content in the app).
  • A subscription to ESPN+ (for ESPN+ content).

Watch the ESPN App on Xfinity X1 and Flex

1. Open the ESPN app. If you select certain ESPN, ESPN2, or other content within the app, you may see a message to visit a URL on-screen and sign in with your TV Provider credentials.
  2. To watch ESPN+ content, you’ll need to click on an ESPN+ show or event within the ESPN+ tab.
  3. With your remote, choose subscribe or log in. 
  4. From here, you can:
    • Create an account by visiting the on-screen URL.
  5. Follow the prompts on your computer, laptop or mobile device to sign up for an ESPN+ subscription service.

Watch ESPN+ on an X1 TV Box or Flex Streaming TV Box

1. Open the ESPN app. If you select certain ESPN, ESPN2, or other content within the app, you may see a message to visit a URL to activate the app.
  2. To watch ESPN+ content, you’ll need to click on an ESPN+ show or event within the ESPN+ tab.
  3. With your remote, choose subscribe or log in.
  4. From here, you can:
    • Create an account. If you don’t have an account, you’ll see a message to visit an on-screen URL.
      • Follow the prompts on your computer, laptop or mobile device to sign up for an ESPN+ subscription service.
      • Please note that you'll have the option to sign up for ESPN+ as an individual subscription, or for the Disney+, ESPN+ Hulu bundle. Learn more.

FAQS

ESPN APP QUESTIONS

Why can't I access the ESPN app on my X1 TV Box?
The app isn’t compatible with RNG150, Pace Xi3, Samsung XG2v2, and Arris and Pace XG1v1 X1 TV Boxes. If you have one of these, you’ll be able to exchange it on X1 by choosing the ESPN app tile and following the prompts to swap out your TV Box. Please note that you also need a subscription to ESPN to access content within the app.

I don’t have Xfinity TV but I have Xfinity Internet. Can I access the ESPN app?
Yes, but only if you have a Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box. Please note that some content in the ESPN app requires either an ESPN+ subscription or for ESPN to be part of your TV service.

Is the ESPN app in HD?
Yes.

Is the ESPN app in 4K?
No.

ESPN+ QUESTIONS

What is ESPN+? 
ESPN+ is a separate subscription service offered by ESPN. 

Do I need to sign up or sign in to use ESPN+?
Yes, if you want to access ESPN+ content within the ESPN app on your TV.

Start a new ESPN+ subscription by signing up directly in the ESPN app on Xfinity X1 and Flex. The app will give you an activation code to enter along with an on-screen URL to complete the activation process.

Can I order ESPN+ through Xfinity?
Yes, you can subscribe to ESPN+ right on the ESPN app for on X1 and Flex! Learn how from our ESPN+ billing FAQs.

How do I manage my existing ESPN+ subscription?
See our ESPN+ billing FAQs.

How much does ESPN+ cost?
ESPN+ has various plans and bundling options available at plus.espn.com.

I forgot my ESPN+ username or password. How do I find my username or reset my password?
Please visit the ESPN Help Center.

Does watching content in the ESPN app, including ESPN+, count against my monthly internet data usage?
Yes, content is streamed over the internet, and will count towards your monthly data usage.

How do I block access to the ESPN app (includes ESPN+)?
There are two ways you can set parental controls for the ESPN app:

• Lock TV-MA content under Settings > Parental Controls > TV Rating Locks. Once locked, a Parental Control PIN is required before you can access the app.
  • You can block access to the ESPN app using an Application Lock.

Need Help?

For frequently asked questions about the ESPN app or ESPN+, go to support.espn.com.

Additional Information

Visit our Online Support Center to find common solutions and self-help options, troubleshoot or manage your account and more.

The easiest way to manage and troubleshoot your Xfinity experience is with the Xfinity app! Download it for free from Google Play or the App Store, or text "APP" to 266278.

​​​​Additional Resources​​​​

​​​​https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/espn-plus-on-x1-flex?linkId=121619201​​​​

​​​​https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us?linkId=121619199​​​​

​​​​https://help.espnplus.com/espnplus_hc?id=espnplus_article_content&sys_kb_id=f0db1f75db48bc903f2ec58a1396191d&linkId=121619204​​​​

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here