Xfinity Support's profile

Official Employee

• 

60 Messages

Thursday, August 10th, 2017 7:00 AM

Closed

ANSWERED: What are the Xfinity TV Wireless TV boxes?

X1 Wireless TV Box FAQs

With an X1 Wireless TV Box (XiOne,* Xi5, and Xi6), you can watch live TV through your in-home Xfinity network without a coaxial cable connection. X1 Wireless TV Boxes also have the same functionality as other non-DVR X1 devices.

For more information on Xfinity Flex streaming TV Boxes, see what's Xfinity Flex?

*For use with Xfinity Flex only.

FAQs

SETUP AND PLACEMENT

What are the requirements to have an X1 Wireless TV Box?
To have an X1 Wireless TV Box in your home, you'll need:

Note: In some configurations, an additional X1 TV Box isn't required to act as the primary X1 device on your account. Instead, you'll just need Xfinity Internet with an eligible leased Xfinity wireless gateway and an eligible leased wireless gateway with RDK-B to watch live TV over the X1 Wireless TV Box WiFi connection.

Can the Wireless TV Box be my only TV Box?
Yes. If your configuration includes the X1 Wireless TV Box as your primary X1 device, it can be the only TV Box plugged in to an electrical outlet. The other end is connected to the USB-C port on the TV Box.

Can I move the Wireless TV Box to a different location in the house?
Yes, you can move your Wireless TV Box, provided it maintains a wireless connection to the wireless gateway. Please note, however, that the distance from your gateway, along with other factors in your home (e.g., metal ducts, brick walls, double-pane windows, etc.) will affect the video quality on the Wireless TV Box.

Note: You can also use an Ethernet cable to set up a wired connection.

Can I use my own modem or router?
The X1 Wireless TV Box will only work with customer-owned modems if you have upgraded from Xfinity Flex.

Can I use the Wireless TV Box outdoors?
Yes, you may take the Wireless TV Box outdoors, provided it maintains a wireless connection to the Xfinity Gateway. Please note, the Wireless TV Box is not weatherproof and should avoid direct exposure to precipitation and extreme heat or cold.

Can I hide the Wireless TV Box out of sight?
Yes, the Wireless TV Box can be placed anywhere it can maintain a wireless connection to your wireless gateway, like in a cabinet or behind a TV, though you should always ensure it remains well-ventilated. The Xfinity Voice Remote that comes with the Wireless TV Box does not require line-of-sight to the box.

What should I do if my video freezes or pixelates?
First, try restarting the Wireless TV Box. If the condition doesn't improve, try moving the Wireless TV Box and your wireless gateway closer together. If you need additional support, please contact us.  

Can I connect the Wireless TV Box to my WiFi range extender?
We recommend connecting the Wireless TV Box directly to your wireless gateway for the best viewing experience. We cannot guarantee that the Wireless TV Box will work properly over WiFi range extenders unless they are WiFi Boost Pods.

ACCOUNT

How can I get an X1 Wireless TV Box?
Please contact us to order a Getting Started kit.

Are there charges or fees associated with the X1 Wireless TV Box?
Yes, standard equipment and Service to Additional TV fees apply to the Wireless TV Box.

Will using the X1 Wireless TV Box count against my internet data usage?
The Wireless TV Box acts as a wired box when utilizing standard TV Box features, such as live broadcast, Video on Demand, pay per view (PPV), and Guide. Internet apps like Netflix, Pandora, and YouTube will continue to count toward your data usage.

FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY

Is the X1 Wireless TV Box really wireless?
The Wireless TV Box communicates wirelessly with the Xfinity wireless gateway, but it does require a power cord plugged into an outlet and an HDMI connection to the TV.

How do I turn the light down on the X1 Wireless TV Box?

Learn more about brightness settings for the TV Box.

Can I access X1 apps on the X1 Wireless TV Box?
Yes, all X1 apps available on other X1 TV Boxes will be available with the Wireless TV Box.

Does the X1 Wireless TV Box support 4K Ultra HD (UHD) resolution?
While the Xi5 Wireless TV Box does not support 4K UHD resolution, the Xi6 model does. Learn more about watching 4K UHD on Xfinity.

Does the X1 Wireless TV Box support Bluetooth?
Yes. The Wireless TV Box can be paired with a Bluetooth device, allowing you to stream audio to the device from the X1 Wireless TV Box. See Pair a Bluetooth device for more information.

I’m doing a Self-Install, where can I install my X1 Wireless TV Box?
The Wireless TV Box can be placed anywhere it can maintain a wireless connection to your wireless gateway or WiFi Boost Pods. When activating the X1 Wireless TV Box for the first time, make sure you’re pointing the Xfinity Voice Remote at the front of the X1 Wireless TV Box and are less than ten feet away from it during the activation set up flow. Once activated, the Xfinity Voice Remote that comes with the Wireless TV Box doesn't require line-of-sight to the box.

Note: The distance from your Gateway, along with other factors in your home (e.g., metal ducts, brick walls, double-pane windows, etc.) will affect the video quality on your Wireless TV Box.

Additional Resources:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-tv-box-faqs

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here